I wish I had an interest in playing music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What instruments do you play or have tried to play? I ask because I'm only interested in playing certain instruments and only original music. I am just starting on keyboard so the jury is out on this but I think I will like it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Do you enjoy listening to music at least or are you devoid of all human emotion whatsoever?

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if this is a troll or if the guy has just hit a dry spell in his musical education?

Options I could suggest? ::: Therapy, Change of Genre or Change of Scenery, (Ahem) Buy a new keyboard ;) :cool::cool::cool:

Or do what I do during a musical dry spell. Leave the gear covered up for a few weeks and binge out on pot, sugar and streaming video :D :D :D

Hopefully he'll regain his senses within a month ::p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I was going to say hallucinogenics but then I remembered that didn't end well for a bunch of musicians.

A good friend of mine bought a very nice upright piano before ever starting lessons then proceeded to take lessons for over a year before realizing playing piano was not very fun. Now the piano is an expensive conversation piece. Tragic.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It wasn't the hallucinogenics that killed them off, it was freebasing or prescription pills and painkillers. :(

Poor Amy Winehouse, it was the Delerium Tremens from Alcohol that did her in. :(

But you do raise a valid point.

Back in the 60's a piano in the family room was a conversation piece which usually sat out of tune and played only occasionally by the odd talented guest.

The kids on the other hand, lasted about 3 lessons before their instructors lifted their arms in disgust :D :D :D

To be fair though, nowadays you can buy a $40 Casio at a swap meet or a yard sale these days to discover if your inner Mozart needs releasing. :)

Then again, a lot of noobs refer to those things as "pianos" so who knows?

My take is that anyone who buys a spinet or a baby grand for their living room without ever touching a keyboard before either has too much money or else they've been living under a rock the past 30 years. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

PS. The OP is starting to look more and more trollish with each reply to this thread. :p

Reaction score
A piano, no problem.

Have doubts about your interest or your enthusiasm then try this for size!

83C04A16-6816-48A1-BB44-B25F13D55F09.jpeg

P

Paulk

It wasn't the hallucinogenics that killed them off, it was freebasing or prescription pills and painkillers. :(

Poor Amy Winehouse, it was the Delerium Tremens from Alcohol that did her in. :(

But you do raise a valid point.

Back in the 60's a piano in the family room was a conversation piece which usually sat out of tune and played only occasionally by the odd talented guest.

The kids on the other hand, lasted about 3 lessons before their instructors lifted their arms in disgust :D :D :D

To be fair though, nowadays you can buy a $40 Casio at a swap meet or a yard sale these days to discover if your inner Mozart needs releasing. :)

Then again, a lot of noobs refer to those things as "pianos" so who knows?

My take is that anyone who buys a spinet or a baby grand for their living room without ever touching a keyboard before either has too much money or else they've been living under a rock the past 30 years. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

PS. The OP is starting to look more and more trollish with each reply to this thread. :p
Would a troll have a profile Picture and a profile? I think not?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So you tried your best(!?) and gave up.

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Donate it to a school or church and you'll save yourself from eternal hellfire :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So why has your interest gone out the window?

There has to be reasons, and once the reasons are known there are solutions.

Learning to play classical piano is one thing, learning to play a keyboard is very different.

P

Paulk

So why has your interest gone out the window?

There has to be reasons, and once the reasons are known there are solutions.

Learning to play classical piano is one thing, learning to play a keyboard is very different.
Because I don’t care, Because I get frustrated real easily, because I have no talent. Because I would rather be on my iPad or iPhone instead, because it does not bring me any joy, because I don’t want to just play noise. Basically I don’t try.

Reaction score
And you summed up perfectly what is wrong with the boomer generation.

I see it with the Grandkids, if they are not online or playing games they are not happy.

It really is sad to see a group of young people out and about, each with a mobile glued to their hands and each texting away, all while the joy of life passes them by in a virtual world that only serves the purpose of gathering information about them and then that information being sold to or used by companies to extract as much cash from them directly and indirectly.

The world is going to hell in a handcart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question