[ Improvisation ] " Update Artefact "

Reaction score
Good evening to all and to all ;)
Comments become scarce...
I am sorry if you do not like my compositions ...But, as you know, I am not "a fan" of little songs, occasions, copies.... I can express an opinion only on original musics, even if I can hear occasions of known musics ralized very well ;)

Here is a Here is an improvisation which uses the Behringer DEQ2496, Lexicon MX300, and the APHEX EXCITER for this impro...

https://soundcloud.com/user-472516813/update-artefact

Thank you for your listening :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's nothing personal Romain. We covered this in other threads. If you insist on releasing tunes on a daily basis you really can't blame people if they stop paying attention.

Somewhere along the way you mentioned you were creating a 98 piece opus?

Let's face it. I have a hundred tunes in my portfolio as well, but most of them I wouldn't even consider inflicting on an audience.

Perhaps if you were a little more selective in which tunes you post people would be more likely to see it as a treat rather than a job.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Comments become scarce...
I am sorry if you do not like my compositions ...But, as you know, I am not "a fan" of little songs, occasions, copies.... I can express an opinion only on original musics, even if I can hear occasions of known musics ralized very well ;)
Romain, I don't think it's a case of people not liking your compositions. However it's a bit fatiguing for the average listener when you use the "My Music" section as a repository for every musical thought that enters your head on a daily basis.

I think you're doing some nice stuff but also some of it sounds a bit like "fire up the sequencer and noodle", and that's not meant as an insult. I like to do the same thing - I just don't expect the wider world to critique it. It's hard to provide deep and meaningful feedback on a thought bubble.

As far as you not being into cover music, there's nothing wrong with that, it's not for everyone. It's an issue that cover musicians confront now and then with social media trolls and journalists who think there's something immoral about playing someone else's music. Luckily not everyone feels that way, or we'd never hear Beethoven performed live again.

But remember, it's not those of us who post covers who are complaining about you not commenting on our work. Seems to be the other way around.

Play on, sir!

Reaction score
Hello!
Thank you for your remarks... I notice however that my compositions are sometimes more listened to than the posts which are commented here!
Then, one thank you to those who listen to my musics !!!
I also notice that those who comment on "my music" are always the same, and they are well a few..:(
Good musical creations to you ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Romain,
Let me be frank. I just got a bit tired of listening to endless arrangements of similar tunes done in a repetitive fashion. Each one became more tedious than the previous one. We had "war of the worlds" played to us for weeks and now we have never ending "artifacts."
I did play your tunes for awhile at the start and praised you sometimes (deservedly) and sometimes the opposite.
Honestly, in the end I just listened to little snippets of some and couldn't be bothered listening to it all.
I think as Gary said, maybe be a little more selective in showing off your music and space it out. Don't overdo it. We just got flooded out.
Your music compositions on a whole reflects a talent and you are indeed adeptly tuned. This we cannot fault in you and as Paul said . . Keep playing by all means.
Respectfully ray.

Reaction score
...I understand; thus I shall stop presenting my compositions on this forum; it you ... will rest ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I just listened to "update artefact"
In fairness to you . . I found it to be a bright and cheerful sound. I quite liked it.
However. .
.I understand; thus I shall stop presenting my compositions on this forum; it you ... will rest ;)
Don't take offence. I would suggest you post your tunes still. But maybe once a month could be ideal. Hit us with something spectacular lol.
Also it would be nice if you could share some of your experience with us and participate in some of the other discussions.
Best regards ray

Reaction score
...I understand; thus I shall stop presenting my compositions on this forum; it you ... will rest ;)
Romain, if you're going to chuck your toys out of the cot when you're in receipt of some feedback given with helpful and honest intent, maybe now you understand why people are reluctant to provide it.

Gary and Ray are being honest, respectful and trying to answer your question for you. Instead of getting sooky, re-read what they wrote. There's some great advice in there.

I think it's wonderful that people find it comfortable to share their different musical work on here, it's quite diverse what people are into. Please continue to share - but for goodness sake if (for example) happyrat1 spends days working up a new piece, he probably doesn't appreciate being pushed down to Page 2 within a month because someone else found patch #344, #1023, #13 and #222 on their PC3K8 on consecutive days and thought it would sound good over a I ii vi V progression with the arpeggiator turned on.

There's nothing wrong with your music, but I think it would be nice if you gave others on the forum some clear air too. You appear to be using us as a personal publishing house.

Remember, no-one is having a go at you. We are answering a question you asked!

Ask a Question