My Piano Improvisations (including improv on Radiohead's "Creep")

Reaction score
Hi there:

I just posted a blog entry about three of my recent piano improvisations, with the recordings right there for you to listen to. I have always been an improviser yet haven't always recorded what I did. I'm excited to share these creative explorations and hope you enjoy them.

Almost forgot to mention: one of the improvisations is based on Radiohead's "Creep" theme. Enjoy!

http://chrisgoslow.com/blog/recording-my-piano-improvisations/

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
While I can't fault the style or the technique, I have to say that recording this stuff on a cellphone really doesn't do it justice.

Seriously man, spend a hundred bux on a couple of half decent mics and a recording boom and record this stuff properly. Otherwise the background noise and hiss just makes it painful to listen to.

Reaction score
I won't be so harsh; but yeah. Or get yourself an electronic piano (I personally recommend the Korg SP250; but there are certainly others) and record directly. I do love my SP. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't mean to be excessively harsh but take a look at the rest of the guy's website. He's playing on a concert grand and commercially selling his CD on the web.

If he wants to sell CD's online then a taste of professionalism is called for in the samples and a pro should be able to accept valid criticism.

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Thanks for the constructive thoughts. I can go back and edit the recordings to get rid of "crackles" and such. The recording quality is admittedly not great, what mattered to me at the time was to have something to capture my musical thoughts. That being said, it's always a good idea to see how I can refine the process.

Ask a Question