Is there a way to create MIDI files that support Yamaha's Play Along feature?

Reaction score
I recently bought a Yamaha DGX-220 keyboard and I've got to say, it's pretty cool. One thing I liked especially about it was the ability to help you learn songs, on the songs that were already in it(as well as the songs from the yamaha music store I presume) you could push a button and have the keyboard play the right hand while you played the left and vice versa. It would also wait for you to press the correct key before continuing on to the next key. As I said, this made learning songs very easy, however, I've downloaded some free midis off the net and none of them support this(I think it is called Play Along), I wouldn't mind learning how to create midis and then porting the sheet music from the songs I would like into this format of midi, but I can't seem to find any programs that allow me to do this. So my question is, does anyone know any descent MIDI programs that I could use to create a MIDI that supports Play Along? I don't want to buy the music from the yamaha store because 1. It's pretty expensive(around $3 - $5 per song) and I don't have much income, and 2. They have some good songs, but not really the ones I'm interested in learning. (They have no Anime/Video game section :p)

Ask a Question