Is this a good place for DIY repair?

Reaction score
Hi there. I live in Brooklyn, NY. Just wondering if this is good place to get advice on do it yourself keyboard repair? What's the best place to post in, either on this site or on others.

Here's my issue:

I have a Casio Privia PX-100. I've lost velocity control on C# above C2, up chromatically to the G# above that. So eight notes total.

I've opened it up and vacuumed out a bunch of hair and dust. I haven't cleaned the contacts with anything, but they look ok to my eye. My guess is that it's a bad board.

I've uploaded a pic

I'm wondering if a bad board is indeed the issue and if this is something I could fix myself??

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• keyboard_privia_jeff.JPG
    keyboard_privia_jeff.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 491
Reaction score
Thanks, Gary! Much appreciated. Interestingly, I wiped down the contacts and other parts of the board with rubbing alcohol, let it dry, then gave it a go yesterday; the problem was still there. But then played it this morning, and everything seems to be working! Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks so much for the info.

Ask a Question