Juno G , anyone?

Reaction score
Tried it and don't like it. In the same price range, I find Korg keyboards to have better brass and string sounds. Mind you, I was also able to get a Korg TR-61 for about the same price as a Juno-G thanks to a price match. The Juno-G's not a bad keyboard by any means; it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Reaction score
Funny story I was actualy gonna buy a korg that I had tried. I asked my dad to go pick it up for me since he works close from the music store but they were out of stock. The seller recomend thet juno G instead...I wasnt realy happy at first but now I love it and dont regret it one bit.

Reaction score
So nobody else have a juno-G? I realy like mine.

Someone is selling a Juno G on Craigs for $450. There's gotta be a catch, right? It retails for about $900.

I'm really tempted!! Currently I have a Yamaha MM6. It's a great playing keyboard for a newbie (playing since dec. 07), but it has some polyphony limitations. I realized the problem last nite. My son & I were jamming on 2 keybds & trying to do some trance sounds. I said "we need a nice fat rhythm". But when I set up a rhythm pattern on my Yamaha & try to play along, it really cuts down on the volume. Like the processor just doesn't have enough power to crank out volume for both drums and chords/tunes.

Is that a function of polyphony and would a fatter synth like the Juno take care of a problem like that?

the cheaper synths are fine for playing alone but I think when you play with others, you really see the limitations.

Should I drop $450 big ones?:eek:

Reaction score
I don't think the Juno G is a big step up from the MM6. I'd have to look at the specs, but given a choice between either, I'd probably lean towards the MM6. I've never been a fan of Roland's sound, though I'm sure others will differ on this.

I don't know what's up with the volume, but that's not a polyphony issue and has nothing to do with the processor not being powerful enough on the MM6. Polyphony is simply how many notes you can have sounding at the same time. Try this: load a performance with a number of sounds, and press and hold successive keys one at a time. Before long, you'll hear some of the notes (probably the ones you hit first) drop out because you've hit the polyphony limit.

Ask a Question