just want good sounds and action

Reaction score
I'm looking for a keyboard that has a good sounding piano, electric pianos, and good synt pads along with some bread and butter sounds like strings,harpsichord and clav.I don't need a suquencer,accompaniment,arpeggiator,etc.I figured without these extras the cost would be a few hundred less.I'm used to good sounds since i had a yamaha s-90.Its main board went bad after 10 years and they cost app. $1000 to replace so I have to trash it. I wasn't aware of a 10 year life expectancy in keyboards so I'm going to get something for a few hundred if its available.I just want to play music not record and accompaniment,etc.Something like the casio wk 7500 without all the extra functions they give you and i don't need nearly 800 tones although someone said the piano decays quickly.(crap).Also they said the keysf are 1/2 " shorter than usual which might give it a strange feel to play.

Reaction score
If'm sorry.I just discovered that I posted this in the wrong forum.It should have been in 'buying keyboards'.

Reaction score
As owner of a WK7500.... You don't need to use all the extra's that this keyboard has. 76 full size keys! and these keys are indeed 2 milimeter shorter than on my 2 yamaha's (less than a quarter inch) but the same lenght as on my accoustic piano!!!! So the story that it will effect the playing is indeed 'crap'.
Sounds comes to personal taste of course but some piano-sounds are very good and after just 'tweaking' them as you like them, you can save your settings in user area's or in 96 memory banks for future use.
Read what was witten about this in the Casio forum on this website.
For the money a heck of a keyboard.

DickR

Reaction score
how many electric pianos(rhodes,DX) and how do they sound on the yamaha Npv60.I really want good EP's
s

Reaction score
Maybe if all the extra bits aren't needed, a Yamaha NPV-60 might be the go.

The Y-man
Is the NPV60 the succesor of the YPG235?They seem very similar when i looked at the reviews and the 235 sells for about $75 less.

Ask a Question