Ketron Event Keyboard

Reaction score
I could watch the first demonstration videos, it's amazing, how smooth the chord changes are. Especially about the audio phrases. For me and my application it's not interesting, I have a SD90, use this in a church, enjoy the drum loops and live guitars, but the music is for singing along, so phrases would distract the congregation, the bass is played by me with the left hand.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't seriously consider a company that doesn't even pay for a site certificate :p :D

I spoke to the only guy in North America who repairs them over in Buffalo and he tells me they sell less than a handful of them annually in the entire continent.

This was a couple of years ago during the pandemic.

And he was running his shop out of his house and was ready to retire.

Drool at your own risk folks. :D :D :D

Japan pretty much owns the North American arranger market. ;)

Gary ;)

PS. EDIT >>> Their website looks like it was built by a ten year old. :p

Reaction score
Well, in the USA users of arranger Keyboards are a minority in general. And Ketron is the most discriminated brand.
I remember, that I had no idea about Ketron. My local music store had Technics and Yamaha and Korg, but this was too confusing to me, the same with Roland. At this time, the Japanese companies tried to match, how they imagine US preferences. I say it so with some intention, because today the pretty German Yamaha Keyboards can also please Americans.
I had opportunity to see someone playing a Ketron with factory rhythms, at this time it was Solton. I was so surprised, how well the styles match with the music. Because on my Yamaha I had to create own styles.
Meanwhile, Yamaha and Korg are better for the usual pop music and the all time favorites than Ketron. But for me, Ketron is a good solution, because I changed from the usual party music to worship and gospel, in this case it's better, when the factory styles aren't too close to popular music. I also doesn't try to imitate Hillsong, Vineyard, Bethel Redding & co, so I find some matching styles.
What I like the most about my SD90 is the pattern length, that much styles has 8 drum variations, that when you play bass lines on the piano, you can force the style bass not to play other notes, than the root or the lowest note I play. Event isn't an option for me. The only thing I would do, that I use the SD90 with my Tyros 3, to have more options about styles. A Genos wouldn't also be an option, too much features I wouldn't use, drum kits, that are too boomy, a revolving drums function that seems not to work with all styles.

Reaction score
Skoda is a good brand. My parents used it and they had never trouble. The only way we lost the cars was an accident, but not that the car went kaputt by itself.
Not a good example.

Ask a Question