Keyboard amp or studio monitors?

Reaction score
HaHaheehaw....back when the Doors and Iron Butterfly were cookin' I played drums on the Sunset Strip, late 60's...I was referring to my keyboard career haha you must be an ol' dawg too :)...no offense.

Seems like a drummers technique can add alot to a bands over all volume and how well a singer is heard (dynamics), and you said "she" so I take it ya'll have a female vocalist, cool. Light My Fire has a nice "organ" intro and lead solo...ya need to learn the drum solo in InAGaddadavida:D

Reaction score
HaHaheehaw....back when the Doors and Iron Butterfly were cookin' I played drums on the Sunset Strip, late 60's...I was referring to my keyboard career haha you must be an ol' dawg too :)...no offense.

Hahahah... when describing my Age, I use the term "Vintage". ;)
you said "she" so I take it ya'll have a female vocalist, cool.
Uh, actually I'm the Female bassist/keyboardist in training/ backup harmony singer.

(If I was a Guy, maybe I could sing loud enough to be heard over the drums, bass & guitars. Another reason why so few women in rock.)

I used to be the Banjo player in an all women bluegrass band. I guess those were my ego-boost days of playing the Lead instrument. Well I didn't have a problem singing back then because no drums, and no electric instruments.

Reaction score
Light My Fire has a nice "organ" intro and lead solo...ya need to learn the drum solo in InAGaddadavida:D

Light My Fire has a huuuuge keyboard solo playing off ONE bass riff. I'm wondering if I can record the song 'karaoke' style with just the bass/drums and use it as a jam track/training song.

It seems some keyboards let you enter a "user" song via a USB drive, I wonder how this works.

Reaction score
Well, our singer uses a microphone and a microphone amp (of sorts). so all we have to do is to turn up the volume on the microphone amp. We just got a new singer this weekend, a girl, and we could hear her perfectly fine over the drums :)

@RotorOnTop: Nope, it hasn't arrived yet. It's coming from the USA and I'm stuck in the frozen north, also called Norway. It's been shipped from Miami three days ago, and it's in Paris at the moment. It should arrive sometime this week.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
man...I didn't realize you lived on the otherside of the world, yep...that may take awhile to receive, but it'll be worth the wait...I love seeing a female guitar slinger myself hehe

Laura I don't have any idea about the USB user songs, unless this is like a "demo" song built into the keyboard itself??? Surely there are cd's that cover Light My Fire, I jamm with the Doors sometimes on the CD dunno karyoke.

Ask a Question