Keyboard for a near beginner

Reaction score
Hi all i played a little when i was a little kid and am looking to start playing again can anyone recommend me keyboard based on these requirements:
touch sensitive
at or cheaper than yamaha e 423
weighted keys (not critical but nice)

the main 2 contenders for me are the yamaha 423 and the casio ctk 6000
Thanks to all who reply

Reaction score
The Y-Man is correct with his answer (as always :) ) But I would personally go for the Yamaha 423 as it is a very good and complete keyboard. Limited however but a 'light' arranger/workstation. I own also a Casio WK7500. Not bad at all but I still prefer the Yamaha sound. Matter of personal taste of course. Good working weighted keys you will not easily find in this pricerange.

Reaction score
If i go just for quality with no sounds would the yamaha np 30 be a good choice?

Reaction score
Yamaha is generally a good company, but there's a reason that the NP30 costs a tenth the price of one of Yamaha's professional stage pianos.
Personally, I'd recommend you go for something second hand if you want weighted keys for the kind of money that you're looking to spend, and even then you're going to push the budget.
If you're determined to buy new, and you're keen to get a proper piano-weighted keyboard, then the Korg SP-250 or the Casio PX-330 are about the cheapest "proper" piano actions available, and they're about twice the price of a PSR-E423.

Ask a Question