Keyboard hammer action 76

Reaction score
That's basically my requirement. I want a lightweight portable weighted or hammer action keyboard with multiple voices-
Pianos-organs-bass-drums, not necessarily a lot of synths. All this for solo gig accompaniment. I've owned and played Yamahas, Korgs and Rolands. I'm partial to the Yamaha action. I don't need new so I can troll Ebay and CL for a good deal , just need some opinions and recommendations.
Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A couple of 88 key suggestions for ya. They do meet the lightweight requirement though.

Casio Privia PX-5S, or PX-360 or PX-560 or Roland Juno DS88 or if yer looking for older and used maybe a used Nord Stage.

Also Kurzweil has just announced the SP-6 which may fill the bill as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Do you know if the CASIO WK-7600 is a graded action or semi-weighted keyboard?

Reaction score
A couple of 88 key suggestions for ya. They do meet the lightweight requirement though.
Casio Privia PX-5S, or PX-360 or PX-560 or Roland Juno DS88 or if yer looking for older and used maybe a used Nord Stage.

Also Kurzweil has just announced the SP-6 which may fill the bill as well.

Gary ;)

I'd recommend the Roland Juno DS88, it actually is lighter than a number of weighted key 76 keys out there being only 36 lbs or the Yamaha MOXF 88 which is even lighter at 33 lbs.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Casio Privia PX-5S actually weighs in at about 25 lbs.

But I agree the Juno DS88 is a more versatile instrument.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question