Keyboard sounds

Reaction score
Hi, some time ago I got an yamaha P120 and it works great. But the only problem is that I want to use other ''sounds settings'' than the original piano sounds. I'm ablo to use some, like guitar and strings, but that's not enough.

So is there any way to plug my keyboard to the computer, and then use a program or something to change the settings and let the sound come out of my sound speakers? :S

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes, there are actually multiple ways of doing that, what I know.

One of the most simple ones would be to buy a cable to connect your keyboard and computer through the USB port. Then your keyboard will be sending MIDI signals to the computer, and you can change the sound in your computer, which will open up new possibilities, like heavy lead sounds etc.

I think there are quite many programs that will let you do this, the ones I know are Cubase and Fruity Loops. I know there is a free version of Cubase that you can download somewhere (called Cubase SX), otherwise you will need to buy it. I don't know if you can download Fruity Loops legally for free.

I'm using Cubase SX, and I've found quite a lot of new possibilities there that I can't do with my keyboard alone. I recommend trying it out, report back if you get any problems with it :)

Ask a Question