Keyboard suggestion

Reaction score
Dear Keyboardists,

Please suggest me the best keyboard out of Yamaha PSR S775, Korg PA 700 and Roland E-A7.

My preferences are
1.Authentic and real sounding voices/sounds for live playing (Guitar, Strings, Violin, Brass, Trumpet, Sax, Flute - all with genuine articulations)
2.Authentic and killer drum sounds for customizing backing styles.
3.Tone editing options.
4.Ability of expansion/adding localized content.

I've a liking towards certain attributes of Roland E-A7, but no hands-on experience; only internet info.s. Pls guide whether it has an edge over the others as well.

Thank you,
Akhil.

Reaction score
Welcome and do be aware that Yamaha have a new range of arrangers, it is their PSR-SX models.

Not seen or heard anything about them as yet.

I did compare a Korg PA700 and a Yahama PSR S770 by playing them back to back, it was a no contest the yamaha build is cheap and nasty and the sounds overly bright to the point of gringing. The range of Styles on the Korg and those available free from Korg’s Bonusware site also wins.

By contrast the Roland is an older model and very scarse, so I could not try it and in the two years that I have had my PA700 I still have not seen a Roland in any of the 13 different Music Stores that I have been in since I bought the 700.

Reaction score
Welcome and do be aware that Yamaha have a new range of arrangers, it is their PSR-SX models.

Not seen or heard anything about them as yet.

I did compare a Korg PA700 and a Yahama PSR S770 by playing them back to back, it was a no contest the yamaha build is cheap and nasty and the sounds overly bright to the point of gringing. The range of Styles on the Korg and those available free from Korg’s Bonusware site also wins.

By contrast the Roland is an older model and very scarse, so I could not try it and in the two years that I have had my PA700 I still have not seen a Roland in any of the 13 different Music Stores that I have been in since I bought the 700.

:) Thank you

Reaction score
It really depends on which of the voices between the two brands you prefer, try and hear them for yourself before making a decision may not be easy but worth it in the long run,

All the best, Brian

Thank you Brian.

I'd to drop Korg PA700 since being on a budget. Now its among Yamaha PSR S775 and Roland E-A7.

I've a little understanding on Yamaha PSR S775. Unfortunately, I don't have any access to the Roland E-A7 to try out.

Now, the ideas from someone in this forum that tried out the Roland E-A7 could help me choose.

Reaction score
If you do go with the Yamaha do haggle hard over its price.

The arrival of the SX range should mean very good deals on S models.

Ask a Question