Korg CX-3 into Roland JC-60 (Buzzzzzz)

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this forum has someone who may have had a similar issue.

I have a Korg CX-3 that is making a horrible noise when plugged into a Roland JC-60 I have. Ive plugged guitars into it an it is fine. I've used a DI to ensure it was grounded with the CX-3 and still the buzz prevailed.

I am thinking along the lines of impedence issues...maybe there is a cure all pedal or something?

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Deeps

Reaction score
It sounds as if you didn't have a shielded cord, or
there was a bad shield in the cord you were using?
You might try checking the the organ output using headphones.
B

Reaction score
Deeps, let me go a little futher:
It's been my experience that a bad cord is one of the most common audio problems,
but maybe I responded too quickly. There are also other things to check, but a dead short in an audio cord will definatly make a horrible sound if you if you plug it into an amp. Since you described it as "horrible noise", that makes me think either "dead short". But a "buzzz", could just shielding, maybe just a ground problem, a dirty contact some where, or bad volumn pot (?)

If a new cord doesn't help, some other things to try are:
- volumn contol pot - try moving it around to see if it's developed a bad spot or has a short
- exercise your drawbars to see if one of them is dirty or shorted
- if you're using a volumn control pedal, bypass it and go directly to the amp to see if that makes a difference
- try a different output on the organ (if one is available)
B

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I think I've ruled out the cord, but the bad volume pot might be the issue, it does seem to have some sweeter spots when I move the cord around. This amp sat for a long while and likely needs a good cleaning and re-soddering, in many areas.

Deeps

Ask a Question