Korg Pa 5X, release prices in the UK

Reaction score
88 key £4299

76 key £3999

61 key £3699

Totally excipses the Pa4X where before Covid the 76 key version was £2475.

Looks like I will have to save up some more and wait yet another year for the prices to fall to a realistic level.

Reaction score
Just watched the Webinar.

The 5X is an awesome keyboard and seems like a stellar leap in quality and features compared to the prior 4X and it raises the arranger bar to new heights.

Sounds are full and rich and even listening on our iMac I was very impressed.

The OS is totally new and visually stunning with fast and easy navigation.

Reaction score
I watched the webinar too and I have to say I am amazed at the leap forward in almost every aspect. An 88-key arranger is something I thought I would never see. It's like a workstation, synth, and arranger in one. I will be buying the 88 key Pa5x and have already put my name down!

Reaction score
88 key £4299

76 key £3999

61 key £3699

Totally excipses the Pa4X where before Covid the 76 key version was £2475.

Looks like I will have to save up some more and wait yet another year for the prices to fall to a realistic level.
No way I could wait another year! I doubt the price will go down much or enough to warrant waiting or list it wouldn't here in the US

Reaction score
I’m softening my Wife up.

Local shop is showing the 61 and 76 in stock with the 88 due in August, but its the 76 that I would go for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Justin of A&C Hamilton is a very helpful. I have never purchased from A&C Hamilton but I have had dealing with him by phone and is the type of dealer giving good customer support.

Reaction score
Justin of A&C Hamilton is a very helpful. I have never purchased from A&C Hamilton but I have had dealing with him by phone and is the type of dealer giving good customer support.
Excellent support, lifetime of ownership of the keyboard in fact.

When I do stump up part of my retirement fund to buy a Pa5X it will be from A&C Hamilton.

I am not sure how I managed it but when I bought the Pa700 I ended up getting an hour’s tuition from Adam of Korg UK.

Reaction score
Well it is nearly two months since its released and am I glad I did not jump right in there and buy one.

It would seem that its OS has about as many bugs as Windows 8 and despite years of development it has not been properly beta tested.

The Korg forum and specific 5X Fb Group is away with buyers who have found bug after bug and an OS that is not reliable.

There are also many features missing that the prior 4X model had, not to say that these will not be actioned in upcoming updates but it was three years after the 4X was released before the Next gen OS was released with the features that buyers wanted in v1 of the 5X.

I was not intending to buy one straight away, being cautious of Mark 1 versions it was my intention to wait until the OS is proved stable. Given Korg’s history of bug fixes, I am not holding my breath that they will be fixed soon.

So if anyone is interested in buying one please do your research and if you do buy one do have a cast iron return policy from the retailer.

Reaction score
Well it is nearly two months since its released and am I glad I did not jump right in there and buy one.

It would seem that its OS has about as many bugs as Windows 8 and despite years of development it has not been properly beta tested.

The Korg forum and specific 5X Fb Group is away with buyers who have found bug after bug and an OS that is not reliable.

There are also many features missing that the prior 4X model had, not to say that these will not be actioned in upcoming updates but it was three years after the 4X was released before the Next gen OS was released with the features that buyers wanted in v1 of the 5X.

I was not intending to buy one straight away, being cautious of Mark 1 versions it was my intention to wait until the OS is proved stable. Given Korg’s history of bug fixes, I am not holding my breath that they will be fixed soon.

So if anyone is interested in buying one please do your research and if you do buy one do have a cast iron return policy from the retailer.
I have been waiting here in the US to buy one, we were supposed to get them here in a few weeks but now I have found out that it won't be until at least the middle of October. I put a pre-order on an 88-key Pa5x in July and have been watching all the tube clips in the meantime. I have just canceled my Pre-Order. I think I might end up getting a Nautilus. Half the price and really has everything I need for now. I might wait for all the bugs to be smoothed out on the pa5x and then get a 76-key version.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It only takes a couple of years max, for the firmwares to mature in almost EVERY keyboard you buy these days.

I wouldn't let that scare you away.

Meanwhile the inflation clock is ticking around 8% these days.

If that's not incentive to buy early I dunno what is.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question