korg synth

Reaction score
ive my heart set on buying a korg but 1 that doesnt have loads of extra features i wont use its purely for playing live with great sounds . there isnt a lot of praise for the x50 so what other korgs could i checkout that doesnt cost a couple of grand lol around 600-800

Reaction score
'

If you've set your heart on a Korg, the M50 is a brilliant piece of kit - the sounds that you can get out of this keyboard are simply superb.

Ok - it's got a lot of features you say you don't require..... but you don't HAVE to use them!

Purely for great sounds alone it is worth getting one - and all those features are there if you want them at a later date.

You might have to shop around to get one that comes in under your 800 limit - but you won't regret getting one of these.

Reaction score
seems like a lot of money lol im poor but the m50 looks amazing but a catch for me is the accordian sound i play in viking/folk metal band and its 1 of the main sounds i use whats ur opinion on it

Reaction score
Dude i use a KORG KARMA and TRITON.

I play in a metal band too, i love folk metal like Ensiferum and shit!

Part of being a metal synth player is creating your own patches, i thought oh yeah tuomas from nightwish sounds bad ass ima get a triton and karma! so i did and i was disapointed on few things tht it turns out he makes his own patches jus like EVERYONE.

So i sujest to you is get a synth like the triton (not LE) or the Karma you can spend not a while lot, i got my karma for 500 nd my triton for 900 used.
study its features and get the acordian and mod the **** out of it till it sounds awesome, also remember theres tons f people who upload PCG files to on the internet especialy for your synth.

So with a great synth like the triton or karma your truly set. Email me if you have more questions as being a metal player i can guide you alot.

(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
mmhh i found a gud site where u can get a triton for 500 which is awesome. when moding a sound do u do it using a software on a computer or on the actual keyboard.Ive never messed about with sounds cause i never had to is it easy or do u have to know ur stuff. Some people like jorden rudess are magicians when it comes to stuff like that i dont have a clue lol

Reaction score
Email me if you have more questions as being a metal player i can guide you alot.

Not a good idea to put your private email on a public forum, Rob.

I suggest in future you use the 'private messsage' facility if you want to pass on your email address to people.

Don't be surprised if your inbox is suddenly full of spam... :(!!!

Reaction score
..."when moding a sound do u do it using a software on a computer or on the actual keyboard.Ive never messed about with sounds cause i never had to is it easy or do u have to know ur stuff.

On the Triton, editing sounds is made easier because it has a large touchscreen,

which makes flicking between menus much quicker than on some other keyboards.

As for 'having to know your stuff' - well sound-programming can be as complicated as,you wnat to make it....

but you can also adopt a 'trial-&-error' approach, which can come up with some great results, even if you don't fully understand what you're doing!!!

Ask a Question