Connecting Kurzweil pc3k8 to IPad Pro 3rd gen.

Reaction score
Hello,
I am wanting to connect my Kurzweil pc3k8 to my iPad with the intention of using camera so that I can video the performance on keyboard. Then hoping to upload it to Facebook or Instagram. I had set it up using the ‘USB port for computer’ but had no success even after calling apple help. I had been told this was the easiest way to setup.

I live in an apartment so restricted to noise even if they say it’s pleasant noise.

I do have Scarlett 2i4 Focusrite...is this the way to go?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Wayne

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
ipads are funny beasts when it comes to hooking up USB devices.

Either you're stuck with the limited features that Apple approves and sells directly, or you take your chances with dodgy, third party hookups that promise to do what you need but fail miserably when you attempt it.

Any chance you could just hook up to a windows laptop instead?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome

Can you describe how you are actually connecting your Kurzweil to your iPad Pro?

With my non Pro iPad it is a cable from my Keyboard’s USB B host port (the square one) to the Camera Adaptor’s USB A socket, the Adaptor’s Lightning plug connects to the Lightning socket on my iPad.

I assume you want to record the Audio over USB from the Kurzweil on your iPad Pro as you record the video.

Does the Kurzweil support Audio over USB?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No. The Kurzweil PC3K does NOT send audio over USB.

I'd assumed he wanted a MIDI connection.

If he wants to send audio from the Kurzweil to an iPad then he does need a separate audio interface.

Like I said, I really don't "Get" the advantage of owning a tablet computer that needs to be hooked up to a half ton of equipment to accomplish anything. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Cheers Gary.

I think that if the audio pair out of the Kurzweil is connected to the Focusrite then USB from the Focusrite should feed audio into the iPad Pro.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's what I was implying. Audio out has to be routed thru a USB Audio Interface.

There is no such interface built into the PC3K or for that matter any Kurzweil Models built over the years.

I'm not 100% certain about the PC4 and the K2700 though. They may have gone the ASIO route there on their latest offerings.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
For others reading this thread the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is £150 but other products may serve the same purpose in particular iRig and their Stream at £95 looks worthy of further investigation.

My iPad ceased to work before Christmas and I do not know how it happened but my Wife ended up with a new iPad and I with her old one which has no capacity. Still deliberating how she conned me into buying her the 256Gb iPad Mini she now has. Anyway I have been looking into buying an iPad Pro for myself but in doing my research it looks like a new version is shortly going to be announced so yet again I am playing the waiting game so if it is the Op’s idea to record in the way we are discussing then I am certainly interested in the outcome.

IPad Pro’s have USB C connectivity but I am unsure if an additional Apple Adaptor is required.

Ask a Question