Kurzweil SP6 or used Kawai MP7?

Reaction score
Hello first, here's a new member

Kurzweil SP6 or used Kawai MP7?
After many years of amateur guitar playing, I started playing keyboards, mostly because of composing.
For the last two years I have had a Kurzweil PC3LE6, followed by a Yamaha Motif XS7 and now a Kawai CN24.
I am looking for a simple stage piano with good sounds, especially pianos, strings and pads.
At Kawai, I'm most worried about the keys, on my CN24 I had to disassemble, clean and rearrange the sensors and lubricate the keys to make the keyboard usable. The MP7 has the same keys.

Can someone who has had or played both instruments give a comparison?
Or some other recommendation?

Greeting

Reaction score
I'd say the MP7 action is better, but if you're going to be using it on stage, of course, the SP6 is lighter to lug around. Piano sounds are subjective, but I'd probably prefer the Kawai (which has an updated piano sound compared to your CN24). For the strings, I'd say Kurzweil has the edge, assuming you like what's in your old PC3. Some of those sounds are on the SP6, and you can load in any other old favorites, see https://ksetlist.com/loading-samples-and-compatibility-between-products/

Reaction score
Yes, I like Kawai RHII action. I only briefly tried Kurzweil PC4 action (same as SP6) in the store, but turned off. Kawai is better for me but Kurzweil is OK.
My concern is Kawai keybed reliability.

I plan audition PC4 in store, sounds must be almost similar to SP6?
I know MP7 has better piano samples than my CN24, but how is other sounds?
In comparison with SP6? I like Kurzweil PC3LE strings, best part of this board IMHO.

MP7 has recorder and triple pedal jack, which is useful features.
SP6 is newer and has the possibility to load other Kurzweil sounds.

Weight is not a problem, only home use for practicing and composing.
I know quality of samples is subjective thing, as is keybed feel, but I don`t have
opportunity to play MP7.

Ask a Question