learn to play keyboard software for Windows PC

Reaction score
Cakewalk Music Creator 6 can do everything you just mentioned except convert WAV to MIDI and it sells for under $50. It's actually more useful and less expensive than the Notation Software I originally linked.

Take a look at their product pages and demo videos and decide for yourself.

http://www.cakewalk.com/CakeTV/Music-Creator.aspx

Thanks for mentioning this other option. Notation Composer has significantly better reviews on Amazon (though not available there) than Cakewalk Music Creator 6. And reading through the abilities of each, it appear Notation is a better fit for what I would want to use it for. Yes, Notation is twice as much $$.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or he could just learn to play like Arnold Schoenberg and Anton Webern 12 tone stuff or John Cage's prepared pianos and sound like epileptics banging garbage cans and STILL be considered Highly Artistic :D :D :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning this other option. Notation Composer has significantly better reviews on Amazon (though not available there) than Cakewalk Music Creator 6. And reading through the abilities of each, it appear Notation is a better fit for what I would want to use it for. Yes, Notation is twice as much $$.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide what's the best fit for your needs.

All that we can do is supply a few leads to help you do some better research.

Have fun :)

Gary

Reaction score
Ultimately it's up to you to decide what's the best fit for your needs.

All that we can do is supply a few leads to help you do some better research.

Have fun :)

Gary
Yup, you got that right. I'm not going to give up that final decision process to anyone. This is all great information and a great learning experience. Thanks. A wonderful site. And great inspiration. Now I need to go practice some -od awful runs in Czardas on my clarinet. (These runs may be why I am taking up keyboard:rolleyes:)

Reaction score
And just in case you've REALLY got a hardon for notation there's always Sibelius 7. The software of choice at conservatories and universities everywhere :)

http://www.amazon.com/Avid-Software-Sibelius-v-7/dp/B005FCW42K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364430518&sr=8-1&keywords=sibelius 7

BTW, my first instrument was a Boehm flute when I was a teen. For about 5 years there I had no clue what a chord was :D :D :D
Yeah, that's what wind instruments do to you. And I will pass on Sibelius. I have my standards on how many expensive resources I don't take advantage of.

Ask a Question