Live performance keyboard

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace a Yamaha S90. I like the piano sound, the 88 keys, weighted touch. I don't like the lack of compatibility with MacOS. A pet peeve of mine is that when you change the patch, the sound you are currently playing cuts off abruptly (including effects) and the new sound takes a moment to load. Very annoying and I haven't been able to find a good workaround solution that will work on the fly.

I had a Kurzweil PC88 before this one and loved the way patch changes are seamless on it. In fact, you can hold a sound with your sustain, change patch, and start playing the new sound while the previous one is still sustaining. Very cool. All keyboards should do this.

Any suggestions for a new keyboard with a great piano sound, great weighted action, 88 keys, USB, MacOS compatibility, etc? A basic sequencer and sample player might be nice, too, but not absolutely essential.

Thanks

Reaction score
jpscoey, the Korg looks to be a phenomenal instrument. It's a bit more than I can spend and frankly, I would never make use of the programmability and many of the features. I'm thinking of something more like the Kurzweil PC3LE8, around say $2200 or so with good presets and a nice action.

Ask a Question