Looking for a replacement KORG SP250 Music Rest

Reaction score
A friend of mine managed to lose the music rest for my SP250, and I'm not having luck finding a replacement. If anyone has a replacement they're willing to sell, please let me know.

Reaction score
Good luck.....

Sometimes you have to get creative in a pinch. I have a 1967 Howard Combo organ that I purchased from my cousin. The music rest was lost. I took one of these:

I noticed the inserts into the organ were about the size of a metal clothes hangar. I cut off pieces of the hangar and soldered them to the music stand. It worked. That was about 40 years ago but ..... use your imagination for a temp fix until you stumble across one.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Does the Music Rest fit into slots or holes?

You may be able to fit in a Music Rest from another model.

For Korg to make one Music Rest per model is not really good Engineering, it should be a one size fits all.

My PA 700 had a wire Music Rest that fitted into horizontal holes in the rear of the keyboard.

Reaction score
There's two holes, approximately 4mm in diameter, about 42cm apart.

Here's an image of the music rest:

262039.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It looks like something that could be fabricated from a sheet and a few small blocks of plexiglass and some cyano-acrylic glue in a an hour on the kitchen table. Just insert a couple of metal dowels at the right angle and you have a beautiful, custom made music rest for your Korg. :)

With some basic DIY skills you could make something really nice, practical and unique. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There's a KORG PLA0010130 music stand that looks *very* similar to the SP-250 music stand, but the SP-250 isn't listed as being compatible.

Reaction score
That would be super helpful! It doesn't look like creating the stand with acrylic would be too difficult, but I lack a heat gun or a good workspace for even such a relatively simple job.

I'm in the Bay Area, looks like you are too? Let's sync in DMs if you're okay with moving forward!

Reaction score
I noticed the inserts into the organ were about the size of a metal clothes hangar. I cut off pieces of the hangar and soldered them to the music stand. It worked. That was about 40 years ago but ..... use your imagination for a temp fix until you stumble across one.
It seems to be something that could be manufactured from a sheet and a couple of little blocks of plexiglass and some cyano-acrylic stick in an hour on the kitchen table. Simply embed two or three metal dowels at the right point and you have a delightful, hand crafted music rest for your Korg. :)

With some fundamental Do-It-Yourself abilities you could make something truly decent, commonsense and one of a kind. :)

Ask a Question