Looking for Main Controller/Workstation

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'll give you credit that the Brits dominated road racing thru much of the 20th century, but the labor actions of the 60's, 70's and 80's placed an indelible stain on the cars coming out of your country.

My dad's business partner owned a Jag sedan for a year or two and got rid of it for a Corvette back in the late 70's or so, because, and I quote, "Not worth sh*t in the snow... " :D :D :D

Anyway, as you chronicled, most British Automakers changed hands like a hooker's underwear in the 90's and for the past three decades, none of which inspires much confidence in the brand.

Until the big orange gasbag came along, Chrysler was married to Fiat, GM to Toyota, and Ford to Mazda.

Personally I think Ford makes some nice econoboxes in Europe which I sorely wish they'd push over here.

Anyway, I don't really keep a photo diary of my automotive history because to me all I want is CHEAP, RELIABLE, TRANSPORTATION...

I've only owned one brand new car in my life. A Shiny 92 Honda Civic which I had to sell off when I encountered money troubles.

Upshot is, I always buy them used, put a few thousand into them, and drive them for the final ten years of their lifetimes.

They literally lose 40% the second you drive them off the lot :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
We still dominate the only motor racing that matters F1, even the Mercedes team’s design HQ is in Brackley near Silverstone.

Red Robbo, destroyed the midland car industry single handedly, the workforce he lead produced rubbish cars and that did indeed lead to their demise.

BTW, I ran the Jag for 11 years at an annual depreciation cost of about £1500 a year, that ain’t bad, but that pales with my late Wife’s Fiat, 17 years totally trouble free motoring at £325 a year depreciation between 1985>2003.

The Jag was four wheel drive so handling was not a problem, I would now never drive anything but a 4WD car.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been going insane practicing in the studio staring at the wall hangings, so I've moved the Kurzweil to the living room.

I may end up making this a permanent arrangement.

juno-gone-20220204T132742-0002.jpeg

Ask a Question