Medeli "support" - more like non-support...

Reaction score
OK, I first have to admit - I drank the Kool-Aid...

I watched Jeremy See's marketing video for the AKX10 and fell for it...

Before I made my purchase I contacted Medeli "support" a few times to ask some simple questions about adding/sampling voices into the AKX10, software updates, etc.

They would get back to me within a week - saying they would let me know and get back to me "next week"...

Until I told them that I was in the U.S. and asked about the warranty and warranty service - then nothing... crickets...

That was over a month ago now...

I sent a follow-up email two weeks ago - and still no response.

I sent a third and final e-mail a week ago - and no response.

I know at least one other person (Murrell) who returned his first AKX10 to the dealer after encountering the same problem with Medeli not responding to the dealer's emails regarding warranty and warranty service.

Last edited:
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Reaction score
There is a lot to be said for avoiding a Mark 1 version of everything.

It took Korg 18 months to issue an OS update for my Kross 2 so slow customer service is not restricted to Medeli.

Reaction score
There is a lot to be said for avoiding a Mark 1 version of everything.

It took Korg 18 months to issue an OS update for my Kross 2 so slow customer service is not restricted to Medeli.
Maybe you missed the point of my post...?

After responding to my e-mails within a week each time - to tell me that they would get back to me and let me know "next week"...

As soon as I asked about the U.S. warranty and U.S. warranty repair - they stopped responding.

And continue to ignore my two follow-up e-mails asking about it.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Kurzweil has zero distributorships in Canada ever since the pandemic started.

I would love to test drive a PC4 but you can't even order an official one from Canada these days.

It would have to be grey market from the US and nobody would be honoring any warranties.

The big three have the global market pretty well sewn up and lesser brands tread in their shadows at their own risk.

Big question is, how badly do you want to own one to justify the risk?

Or, analytically speaking, "What's yer point?" :cool:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Medeli has a service center in Los Angeles and their rep has contacted me a few times to address concerns. This sadly happened after I returned my first one back to the dealer.
‘I’ve been playing, programming and loving synths for decades and even though Medeli isn’t a new company I think ( don’t actually know this is true) that a combination of pandemic and unexpected sales of the AKX10 caught them with their pants down. The Medeli person who I’ve exchanged a few emails with is very nice and as helpful as he can be.
If you’re having a problem with your AKX10? Tell us what it is and maybe we can help you with it.

Reaction score
Polo wrote in the Yamaha forum…
Does anyone here know how to get Yamaha PSR SX900/700 styles and voices onto a USB stick...?

Polo, do you own a Yamaha SX900 or 700? If so have you a/b’d the Medeli and it together?

Reaction score
More specifically, WHY is the board in need of service?
It "isn't"... yet...

The point is - before I purchased it I wanted to know what the warranty was - and how warranty service is handled, etc.

And, if out of warranty and it needs service/parts... etc.

Again, after asking these VERY BASIC questions - Medeli stopped responding.

I sent a total of three emails over more than a month: asking, follow-up, second follow-up - and they have ignored my emails.

HUGE red flag.

Reaction score
Polo wrote in the Yamaha forum…
Does anyone here know how to get Yamaha PSR SX900/700 styles and voices onto a USB stick...?

Polo, do you own a Yamaha SX900 or 700? If so have you a/b’d the Medeli and it together?
No...

I was trying to find a way to get some quality styles and voices into this AKX10.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all, if you'd googled "medeli arranger warranty" it would have led you to this thread.

Posted a year ago and it flat out explained that Medeli sells these arrangers direct and offer NO WARRANTY.

This means that whatever dealer you work with is your ONLY warranty.

I see these selling hard in Canada but typically your dealer's warranty expires after 30 days or so. If you're lucky, maybe 90 days. :cool:

Then again, Medeli is trying very hard to make a name for itself in North America and if they actually do sell a few hundred thousand units in North America then they will be supported eventually.

But let's get real for a second. Typical electronics warranties these days run anywhere from 90 days to a year or 2 max. That's pretty much it these days. I think Casio used to have a 5 year warranty but I doubt that's still in effect.

At least 95% of all keyboards usually come with a 1 year warranty and normally if it survives the first month of pounding it will last at least the rest of the year. Anytime after that is when we all suck the big egg and pay for repairs out of our own pockets.

So I ask you again, "How badly do you want one and what degree of risk are you willing to take?"

The more popular and numerous they become, the more likely they will end up being supported by at least the better qualified keyboard techs.

Sitting in this forum, telling us all how outraged you feel about the current state of the company accomplishes nothing except for a tragic waste of electrons and the combustible hydrocarbons ignited to generate them. :cool:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, if you bought one from a chain like Guitar Center or Best Buy, you might be able to purchase some sort of extended warranty. They would probably just swap out the dead unit for a new one,

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Actually, if you bought one from a chain like Guitar Center or Best Buy, you might be able to purchase some sort of extended warranty. They would probably just swap out the dead unit for a new one,

Gary ;)
They have a warranty service center in Los Angeles according to their rep.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
They have a warranty service center in Los Angeles according to their rep.

But according to their website they make no mention of any warranty.

In fact, they don’t even list any NA distribution at all.

If you buy one you are at the mercy of the store who sold it to you.

Gary. ;)

Reaction score
There is no warranty/info in the manual...

And there is no warranty info/card in the box...

And when you ask Medeli about the warranty - they ignore you and simply don't respond.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Medeli have any Registration section of their website I cannot find it.

So who in their right mind buys a product that has no manufacturers warranty?

If you have to return it, who pays and how much is it if you have to arrange transportation yourself?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And there's NO contact information for North America listed on their website either.

Simply put, it's cheap, Chinese, commodity-electronics pricing.

No warranty to speak of and buy one at your own risk.

Caveat Emptor...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
But according to their website they make no mention of any warranty.

In fact, they don’t even list any NA distribution at all.

If you buy one you are at the mercy of the store who sold it to you.

Gary. ;)
I’m just going by what a MEDELI rep told me.

Ask a Question