Microstation Sequencer

Reaction score
Hi

I have a microstation that I am just getting to grips with. It is not as straightforward as Korg would have us believe. My query is recording levels. Do I simply adjust volume levels of each track as I go or is there something in the editing where I can adjust accordingly when the song is complete? Sometimes a bass sound is really loud even on a low volume and some drum sounds are really low. I want a consistent velocity on the keys as I am not keen on sensitive keys. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
I never touched the microstation but if the sequencer is anything like the sequencer on other KORG keyboards then yes - you should be able to edit volumes for each track.

But if the microstation doesn't have a full sequencer... then it's a different story.
Maybe you can just record "on the fly" - things you play... no editing afterwards.

Try the manual... sorry I can't be of more help.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I can get in to the volume edit for each sound but I was just wondering if that was the only way of adjusting track levels or there was some sort of mixdown procedure. The manual doesn't mention anything about levels or final mixes or anything. Thanks again, I will fool around a bit more and see what happens.

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I can get in to the volume edit for each sound but I was just wondering if that was the only way of adjusting track levels or there was some sort of mixdown procedure. The manual doesn't mention anything about levels or final mixes or anything. Thanks again, I will fool around a bit more and see what happens.

Did you ever fix this problem? Im about the get a korg microstation and this is making me reconsider it. Do you think the microstation is a good synth for people who are trying to make tracks or play along with other tracks? I dont have a background in music by the way.

Reaction score
Yes I think it was just a matter of controlling volume for each track which is easy enough. The microstation is an excellent workstation , just need to read the manual thoroughly and take time to find your way around.

Reaction score
Yes I think it was just a matter of controlling volume for each track which is easy enough. The microstation is an excellent workstation , just need to read the manual thoroughly and take time to find your way around.

What audio output do you recommend for the microstation?

Reaction score
I have mine connected to a Behringer keyboard amp but stereo monitor speakers would be far better as you would be able to appreciate your finished songs more and the combi presets which are very good.

Reaction score
+1 for a couple of powered monitors.

A keyboard combo is useful to hear yourself if you're gigging.

A couple of computer speakers will do to get you going making some music.

Google "Active Nearfield Monitors" and see the variation in price. Lots of good stuff to be had. Try EBay (or Craigslist I think the US people use a lot) for a pair of Tannoy 5A. The "A" stands for active - you won't need a separate amp to drive them.

If you have lots more to spend than the price of the Tannoys post at Gearslutz - they'll happily help you spend huge amounts on monitors.

If you have less than the Tannoys but more than PC speakers - see what M-Audio have going at the moment.

You may be lucky and pick up a pair of used Tannoys for a little over £100 (UK).

Good luck - and get set-up and making some sounds.

Reaction score
MicroStation's Sequencer is stored in a graphic element. This file is continuous, which means that the first element stored in a location and the last element is in the end to save the file. When read into memory MicroStation , sequence the elements sorted are stored in a list. When the MicroStation drawing elements on the computer screen, it begins in the first element in the list, and continue until you reach the final element.

Ask a Question