Midi File Help

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No problem. You're very welcome. I certainly didn't create it. I have many other spectacular MIDI files I've collected over the years. Let me know if you'd like me to upload a few. Not certain about copyrights on any of those though. Like I said, I'm not the creator of any of those.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It sounds like the notation software shows the notes on a grand staff, but the keyboard is showing everything on the treble clef staff. The notes are actually the same, they're just displayed differently. I;m not sure if there's a way to get some of the notes to display in the bass clef staff on the keyboard.
Pfff...Never mind! I totally missed the Yamaha Keyboard part! Here's the thing though. If you were to use a notation software like Sibelius or Finale and write an average score....export that as a midi file and import it back into the same notation software, you might get some funny results. You can improve the results by changing the import user settings to kind of help the software but obviously a keyboard doesn't offer any of these options.

So yes...it'll be a good idea to open both midi files in a DAW (the one that works and the one that doesn't) and investigate the issue there. I would make various changes and export multiple versions to see a certain format works better I guess?

Reaction score
Hi Tiger where you able to import midi files in the YAMAHA DGX 600 and do Score Practice? When I upload midi all notes are for right hand playing, when in reality some are play with left hand. Do you know how to solve this? Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Hi Tiger where you able to import midi files in the YAMAHA DGX 600 and do Score Practice? When I upload midi all notes are for right hand playing, when in reality some are play with left hand. Do you know how to solve this? Thanks a lot

I doubt you are going to get a response from the Op as they have not logged in since Sept 2017.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You never know, @Biggles! If the OP is still receiving email notifications about replies to his thread, he might pop in and respond. :)

@nznegos, see my rather frightening(?) reply about this issue in your thread. I wasn't trying to make it sound impossible, just pointing out that identifying which notes should be in the right-hand part and which notes should be in the left-hand part can be a complex issue. The actual process of copying one channel to another, then deleting the unwanted notes from each channel so it contains just the right-hand part or left-hand part, is actually fairly easy if you're using a DAW or music notation software. I think most DAWs will let you select groups of notes in the piano roll view by drawing a rectangle around them with your mouse, then delete them with a simple press of the DELETE key.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! So you are proposing is better to split it in 2 chanels with a software (any free software recomended for that)?
I will check in my keyboard if I am able to asign one chanel to the left hand and other chanel to the right hand. Thanks a lot for the help, very appreciated !! Have a great 2020!!

Diego

Ask a Question