MIDI

Reaction score
downloaded 2 midi tunes from Yamaha.( yes they were verified for our keyboard model.
put them on the PSRE313.
they play fine.
I can change the instruments on the built in songs.
how do I change them on the downloaded files
or why can't I?
thanks all

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The instrument patches for a standard MIDI file are contained in the tracks themselves.

If you want to edit the patch data you'll have to open them up in a MIDI editor or DAW software and change them on your computer.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There are third-party utilities designed for editing Yamaha style files, such as "Style Revoicer" by Jørgen Sørensen (http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/revsty/index.htm), or "Mix Master" by Michael Bedesem (http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html). They have voice lists for several Yamaha keyboards, but might not have one for your model, but you should be able to select the voices you want by specifying the Bank Select and Program Change values, which you can find in your Owner's Manual.

Reaction score
thanks
I will look for better versions of the midi tunes than I found on Yamaha.
any ideas?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There are sites that sell MIDI song files-- including Yamaha MusicSoft, of course-- but I haven't bought anything from any of them, so I have no personal experience on which to judge the quality of their products. If you want to look for alternate sources of specific songs, your best bet might be to search for the name of the song plus "midi," e.g.:

beatles come together midi

You might find several free MIDI files that way, as well as commercial files. However, you'll probably still end up wanting to revoice the song file for your given keyboard model no matter where you bought it from, because the file will most likely use GM voices, or-- if it was aimed at Yamaha keyboards-- XG voices and features, so you'll most likely want to tweak the voices in the file, and possibly edit it in other ways (e.g., adjusting the volume or velocity of the notes, adding Control Change events, etc.).

Oh, man, I just realized that my previous response was about revoicing style files rather than song files! Although "Mix Master" does work with either type of file, I should have recommended "MIDI Revoicer" instead of "Style Revoicer":

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/revmidi/index.htm

Sorry about that!

Reaction score
thanks
actually all I need is 1 1/2 minutes of quitetish surf music!
we made a slideshow and we need music for it.
we visited a museum about surf boards (there is more about them than one would think!)

Ask a Question