Mini mixer?

Reaction score
I play with two keyboards at home and each keyboard has its own internal speakers. But I would like to use headphones so the sound of both keyboards could be heard simultaneously in the same set of headphones.

I plan to purchase a http://www.amazon.com/Nady-MM-141-4-CHANNEL-Mini-Mixer/dp/B0009X9H9I Nady mini mixer : is it the best solution?

I don't play live, it's just for home practice and I'm searching for the cheaper option.

Reaction score
That's what I'd do. I'm not familiar with that exact product, but I use one of these for my live setup, so that I have hands-on control over 4 different channels (2 mono from each of my keyboards). Unless you already have a 2-input audio interface for your computer, this is a good idea.

UNLESS you want to record from both keyboards at the same time, or do a lot of computer-based music. In that case, getting a decent audio interface will have more benefits than one of these.

Reaction score
oh I've got a mini mixer at home, I've never actually used it. It's a good job I came on here and read this, I was thinking of selling it.

Reaction score
oh I've got a mini mixer at home, I've never actually used it. It's a good job I came on here and read this, I was thinking of selling it.
71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

Reaction score
Ok, if i want to use mixerless approach, as i would like to record my keyboard playing, i'm thinking about getting Audio interface. I'm just curious about the way the MIDI data from 2 keyboards will get into the sequencer in my notebook. If they have only MIDI ports (no USB-MIDI connection), do i have to get an AI with 2x MIDI i/o? you know like for both of the keyboards or is there some other way around? and if one of my keyboards happens to have USB-MIDI port, then I can connect it directly via this option to the notebook, right? the other one with the standard MIDI-o - MIDI-i (AI) connection?

Then, how can i listen to my playing both keyboards at the same time if i want to use headphones (Sennheiser HD 280-13). Do i just connect the headphoens to the monitor output on the AI?

thanks a lot mates

Reaction score
You'll need to get both MIDI and audio into your computer from both keyboards, and also have MIDI going back out. If your keyboards send MIDI over USB, do that; it'll be easiest. You'll still need an audio interface with at least two inputs (four if you want stereo) for your keyboards.

Reaction score
if your using cheap keyboards and dont really wana spend money and u just wana play by your self no other imputs like ipods ect. then go get a Y spliter.. hook up the 1/4 to each output or headphone out put and plug ur headphones to the Y female imput

Ask a Question