Moving!

Reaction score
Hi there all you good people here at the Keyboard Forum. I just thought I'd offer you all some excellent advice about how to deal with the stress of this time of year. Move! Move to a new abode! A new home! Pack up everything you own, throw it into boxes and move! And don't wuss out either! Do it in the dead of winter in a blizzard on the coldest day of the year! It will be good for you! It builds character! Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger! "Cough cough" And if this isn't enough, mis-label boxes just for fun! That box that is labelled Single Malt stress relief? Nope. It's cat food. Fun! Yes haw!

Now we all really do know that this time of year, Christmas and New Years is really not very exciting, don't we? Kinda boring when you actually think about it. Presents, get togethers, parties, yawn.
What you need is some EXCITEMENT! Something to get your blood going. Something to put some fire in you!

So try moving in the winter! I garenty you'll have a time. I just can't say what kind of a time.

I figure that by this time next year, I'll know where I put my cats!
My nose will. Tell me!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Our Organisation of Canadian Fuddpuckers regrets to inform you that at this time of year my ass is securely welded to the chesterfield.

In the event that you absolutely MUST dislodge my keister we recommend a minimum of 4 sticks of dynamite.

And Monday is going to be a balmy +1C!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Methinks that there has been too much of the spirit of Christmas passed around!

I am in the UK and its all about TIME, we move to Scotland and get pi55ed wet through in 5 minutes in the rain OR we had south to London and get pi55ed wet through in 10 minutes.

Whatever and wherever we go its the same its all TIME related.

Now where is whats left of me Christmas Whiskey, I just got pi55ed wet through washing the car in the rain

Reaction score
Right now I'm just sitting in my comfy chair sipping on a Christmas present. 12 year old Glenfidick. My local music store is now only a 10 minute walk for here. Think my credit cards need a thorough recharging! Of course,the more Whiskey I sip on, the more ideas I get for things to occupy me in my studio once I get it back up and running.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
After running a few errands in our cryogenic climate, I too have retired to the coziness of my boudoir with a soothing coffee that's been kissed with just a wee shot of Jameson's Irish Whisky and a dollop of whipped cream.

Going to netflix tonight and enjoy the warm fuzzies which logically must ensue.

This weekend I am planning to finish the remastering of my tunes for my bandcamp debut sometime next month.

All is proceeding according to plan... Soon the mighty shall tremble in awestruck dumbitude before the glorious rat-tastic music which I shall unleash on an unsuspecting world.

Make peace with your deities folks... The end is near :D :D :D

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Doctor Rat Esq...

AKA...

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Now as you Canadians are freezing. We Aussie are boiling. Today where I live and also @The Y_man it is over 40 degrees C (110+F?) @CowboyNQ about 500 miles away is sweltering too and probably even a few degrees hotter than Melbourne.
Anyway I am concerned about your cats Jeremy. I hope they are not lost and FURROZEN stiff.:eek:
Ray;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Buncha poosies... 40 C = only 108 F :D :D :D

Temp here this AM was -27 C or -17 F with wind chills approaching -40 C which = -40 F no matter how ya slice it.

The difference between the two is I can survive naked all day in +40 C weather without much more than literally breaking a sweat.

On the other hand, if I try and venture outside nekkid in a -40 wind chill my joy buzzer will literally drop off from frostbite within a half hour :p

There are literally homeless street people in Toronto who are freezing to death in the streets this week. :(

To be honest, I've seen my share of +40 summertime days in this country. But you guys really have no clue what this extreme cold is all about.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
To be honest, I've seen my share of +40 summertime days in this country. But you guys really have no clue what this extreme cold is all about.
You are absolutely right. Never experienced it and I never want to. I whinge at our Melbourne winters when we wake up to a frost. Usually 0 degrees C. We probably get about 3 or 4 of these a year. That's our worst but Wow! You guys are in blizzards. That is no lifestye at all. We get it in the news and just seen pics of frozen Niagara. Unbelievable!
The funny thing is that as I awake this morning the weather man says heading for a top of 25C. Different than yesterday:)
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Niagara Falls is not quite frozen over yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/niagara-falls-at-winter-flow-rates-1.4473433

But it is still highly likely that people will die of exposure before this cold snap ends next week.

The ice is both lovely to look at and treacherous to drive upon.

ap-niagara-falls-frozen-mo-20180103.jpg

rtr4q3t3-e1514981748139.jpg

freezing-niagara-falls.jpg

Gary ;)

The Y_man

Reaction score
Now as you Canadians are freezing. We Aussie are boiling. Today where I live and also @The Y_man it is over 40 degrees C (110+F?) @CowboyNQ about 500 miles away is sweltering too and probably even a few degrees hotter than Melbourne.
Anyway I am concerned about your cats Jeremy. I hope they are not lost and FURROZEN stiff.:eek:
Ray;)

Was almost 42 degrees in Donvy, but I was slumming it in Bris Vegas for a week and returned when it cooled down last night :D

The Y-man

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Good timing Young-Man avoiding the heat.
Did you get the hail storm just before christmas? We have dozens of holes the size of golf balls punched through our laserlite pergola roofing. It happened when we were away on our cruise.
Nasty weather worldwide.
Ray

The Y_man

Reaction score
Good timing Young-Man avoiding the heat.
Did you get the hail storm just before christmas? We have dozens of holes the size of golf balls punched through our laserlite pergola roofing. It happened when we were away on our cruise.
Nasty weather worldwide.
Ray

We got the hail - but out laserlite survived thank god!

PC190093 (2).JPG

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sadly, extreme heat also kills elderly and homeless people here too. The midst of summer is always a danger time here for those who are vulnerable.

Heat kills the elderly and infirm in Canada as well during the summer heat waves. Major cities like Toronto open up cooling centres during a heat wave where poorer apartment dwellers who can't afford A/C can visit and cool off during the days.

But we also have the double whammy of brutally cold spells in the winter that take their toll on the homeless. Shelters in Toronto this past few weeks have been at 95% and greater capacities overnight. Wind chills dropped to -40 C during that period. Just two days ago temperatures have climbed a bit to more seasonal norms.

The crisis is over for now.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Back in the mid to late nineties I lived in northern Sweden. 600 k south of the arctic circle. Minus 40 was common. We we at the same latitude as Great Besr Lake in the Northwest Territories.
You haven't felt cold until you've cracked through the ice and dunked yourself naked into the waters of the Baltic Sea. Believe me, you're not going to impress any women after that!

Reaction score
You folks do not know what cold is!

I have stood on the top of mountains in the Alps in Winter, cannot see a thing for the blizzard, wind howling around us, knees have stopped knocking together and shivers have ceased hyperthermia is setting in.

Worst of all I have paid hard earned cash to be on the top of that mountain.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Fortunately the cold snap and the worst of winter is apparently over in Ontario now.

Forecast for the next few weeks is moderate temps around and slightly above zero in the low single digits.

The worst part of winter seems to be behind us for yet another year :)

To be honest Spring and Fall are really the only seasons worth a damn in Canada. Winter's too cold and Summer's too damned hot. :p

Gary ;)

Ask a Question