MOX6 still used for live performances?

Reaction score
Does anyone still own and use MOX6's anymore? I've owned it for 5 years now (bought used), and use it only as a second keyboard when performing live. I love the depth of sounds it produces, in comparison to my Roland Juno-di which is comparably "cheaper" sounding. However, I have never been able to understand how to line up my favorite voices so that they are quickly accessible. I have my most frequently used sounds saved in the "favorites" area, but as much as I have read the manuals and watch various youtube videos, there is no way I can figure out how to assign pre-set buttons to my Favorites so that I can punch a button and go to the next sound in less than 1 second (e.g. a bank).

1) Can anyone tell me very clearly how to program this thing, or should I bail?
(I was raised a classical pianist, and jumped to synth at age 40).

Right now, I'm working on dialing in a Katy Perry "Hot n Cold" synth sound. That's not going well either.

I'm just about at my breaking point of selling this and buying a new keyboard for my cover band work. We only play around 10 gigs a year, so I can't spend more than $2000 dollars.

Thanks.

Keyboards I own: Yamaha mox6, Roland Juno-di, Nord electro 2
IMG_5843.jpg

Reaction score
I have never been able to understand how to line up my favorite voices so that they are quickly accessible.
Copy your 16 favorites voices to the first 16 User locations (Bank USR1). Then when you get to the gig, use the BANK SELECT INC button to navigate up to USR1. The 16 main buttons (the ones numbered 1-16) will now have your 16 favorite voices.

If you have more than 16 (or if you've already used those first 16 user locations for something else), you can change from the default Group A to any of groups B through H, each gives you another 16 locations to save your sounds.

If that's not enough, you can move from bank USR1 to USR 2 or USR3, and each of those also has 8 sets of 16 locations, which again, you get to by selecting groups A through H. So all together, they give you 384 spaces to save your favorite Voices, as originally provided or altered/edited however you like, in sets of 16 where you can group and arrange them in whatever order you want.

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply. Thank goodness I have the day off from work and it's -16F, so I'm working on this
I will go try this next!

Reaction score
This thread is probably dead, but I have a MOXF8, which I think is the same as MOX but with flash memory. I gig with mine, and use Master mode to store performances and voices. There are 8 banks of 16, and I put them in order of my set lists so I can quickly change them from song to song. There are step-by-step instructional videos on YouTube. I love mine.

Ask a Question