MOX6, MIDI and MAC

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just bought a MOX6 and I'm trying to set it up on my Mac. I'm having such a hard time; I can't figure out exactly what to do, I'm reading the manual, following the steps, but I'm stuck, I can't make sense of "Quik setup", A/D Input, Setting Ports, Channels, etc; needless to say I'm a newbie. I used to have a M-Audio 88 Keys controller and I was so much simpler to install. I'm kinda familiar with ProTools (I've been using it for sometime) so I tried to set it up with it; Couldn't make it work so, then I installed Cubase (software that came with MOX6 and such a pain to activate) hoping it'd be easier to get it done... no luck either. I'm looking everywhere on the web, but I think MOX6 it's fairly new on the market so, I couldn't find anything. It's probably not that hard to it; If someone can give me a for-dummy step by step I'll get there.

By the way, I'm very happy with the keyboard itself, It has amazing sounds!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Smartool, not had one myself nor use a MAC but, just had a thought - did you need to load a midi / Usb driver into the Mac for the MOX.

The specs look great, hope you can give us a breakdown of it later on. :)

Reaction score
Yes, I did and I've had installed two more software from that list you just sent me, still nothing. I've sent an email to Yamaha Tech support, hopefully I will get an answer soon, and as soon as I get it working I'll post the steps I took... of course, in case someone around here hasn't had.

Thanks Tassiespirit! =]

Reaction score
Reaction score
HA! I got it! There's not much to it...

This is the software to be installed:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_ci2.html

In this package comes Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.3.0, which is the right driver if you're gonna use just a regular USB cable. The manual gives you www.global.yamaha.com/download/ It misleads you into downloading a USB-MIDI driver, which is not the right one, unless you're gonna use a Yamaha UX16 USB MIDI Interface.

bump to the top.

I have a Mox6 coming next week...updates?

Ask a Question