My second AKX10 is on the way!

Reaction score
In Europe there are different price relations - Yamaha PSR SX700 costs about 1200 € and Medeli AKX 10 costs about 1000 €. If it is worth to save 200 € by buying Medeli AKX 10 is questionable. But as always, it is very personal decision.

Reaction score
Hi, haven’t actually seen a Medeli , I don’t think they’re sold here in Aust. Came across it in a utub clip comparing Ketron Event to the Medeli ( bit far fetched)
This guy has done some interesting videos and he also sells samples to improve sound quality.
The videos at least are worth watching. Theres at least 4 of them on his channel.

Reaction score
I have the Genos and the AKX10. I am very impressed with the AKX10. You get so much for the money. I find a lot of sounds I like. It is a very capable machine. It is not the caliber of the Genos, but at its price point, who could expect it to be. I think it is a great fun machine. I was backstage with a famous concert pianist and someone had presented him a toy piano. He sit down and proceeded to play the most beautiful melody. It is the player more than the instrument in most cases.

Reaction score
teşekkürler emek için
Hi, haven’t actually seen a Medeli , I don’t think they’re sold here in Aust. Came across it in a utub clip comparing Ketron Event to the Medeli ( bit far fetched)
This guy has done some interesting videos and he also sells samples to improve sound quality.
The videos at least are worth watching. Theres at least 4 of them on his channel.

teşekkürler emek için

Reaction score
Well, I always thought the Medeli AKX10 sounds were inferior to the entire Yamaha PSR-SX series sounds. IMHO, there's no contest there. The AKX10 may have some features that best the Yamahas, but its tones are not one of them. Perhaps in the fullness of time those sounds will evolve competitively, but right now as far as tones are concerned the Yamaha PSR-SX900/700/612/600 win hands down. Unless the AKX10 soundset has been significantly updated in subsequent iterations, it should be abundantly clear to anyone who owns both devices that a AKX10's sounds are inferior to the PSR‐SXxxxs.
We can use the software GrandSuite for making sound files, or voices wich are the extension VOI, using free soundfonts. On Internet, there are lots of them. I downloaded more than 13000 sf2 (sounfonts), wich are free. Make a research and learn how to use GrandSuite, watching videos on Youtube, and then , the sky (and the memory of the keyboard) is the limit for that.

Reaction score
We can use the software GrandSuite for making sound files, or voices wich are the extension VOI, using free soundfonts. On Internet, there are lots of them. I downloaded more than 13000 sf2 (sounfonts), wich are free. Make a research and learn how to use GrandSuite, watching videos on Youtube, and then , the sky (and the memory of the keyboard) is the limit for that.

Interesting. Another user has said the sounds on their new AKX10 is a lot better, so Medeli is clearly rejiggering the factory soundset in newer and newer AKX10s. This in addition to the ability to load quality soundsets ... if this is the direction things are moving in the quest to best the PSR-SXs in almost every way, I will be a proud AKX10 soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the sounds. I guess that's what makes the world go round. I found the keyboard to be entirely entertaining. I will probably buy another.
Hello. Have you done the latest update. I did, and now when I bootup the piano...styles will work. Lights. Etc....but the keys don't play. Till I start the demo. Then stop it. Or get into the edit section. And then hit exit. Keyboard blinks. And keys work great..! I got it b and H. Maybe I should call? Any thoughts?? Thanks. Fred Gazzo. Dea Moines. Iowa

Ask a Question