Need a good organ sound

Reaction score
summary - is there a keyboard like the hammond xk-1 for less

Hi there, i play keys in a new age pink floyd inspired psychedelic blues band. Right now im just using a midi controller on garage band but i need to upgrade. I was originally thinking about getting the hammong xk-1 with a boss rotary pedal and a roland amp but thats still pushing 2000 bucks. Is there any keyboard i can get with good organ sounds in the 500 or 600 price range. new or used doesnt matter. any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
simply put - no

a "Hammond" sound is made up from 9 drawbars + 2 percussions.
The only keyboard that can "emulate" such a thing and sound decent is the Korg M3
since it can have up to 16 parts in a single combi.

The fantom G also has 16 parts but the rotary speaker and leslie effects are waaaay better on Korg then on Roland.
Motif XS comes close since the Programs can have up to 8 layers - but that's still 3 "layers" short.

You know... You get what you pay for... There's obviously a reason why some things cost as much as they cost :)

Reaction score
haha yeah thats what i thought. My friends are trying to convince me to look at keyboards but ill just stick to saving up for my dream :) do you know if the boss rotary pedals work well or not? i read the reviews but some are hard to believe.

Ask a Question