New Here and on a quest to find a digital piano keyboard ...

Reaction score
I have a question on the 76-key keyboard. I've only ever played an upright piano so how (maybe a dumb question??) is it to have only 76 keys? I feel like the Yamaha keyboard may have a soft touch. Thanks in advance.
My answer to this is that you would not notice the keys that are not there. They usually are in a pitch range like a piano where you would never use them, anyway. Probably a good choice. I just bought a Yamaha P45 and love the action (pressure on the keys) Ir can be changed a little but it plays like a real piano. May be a bit rough if the Arthritis is really bad. I have Arthritis and I just manage to play thru the pain, which isn't that bad.

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Roland GO 88 piano keyboard. I've had it for a couple of weeks and have not played it much because I had a flare up of arthritis in my right wrist and I couldn't do much at all. I think I've forgotten what the pressure of a normal piano feels like because it's been so long. I think the Roland is a bit easier for me than the past keyboards I've ordered but I'm now wondering whether I'm always going to experience some pain because of the osteoarthritis. I know that arrangers were recommended: do these have a lighter touch? I could work with 73 keys. Sorry that I keep coming back with questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1071 (1).jpg
    IMG_1071 (1).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 59
Reaction score
My answer to this is that you would not notice the keys that are not there. They usually are in a pitch range like a piano where you would never use them, anyway. Probably a good choice. I just bought a Yamaha P45 and love the action (pressure on the keys) Ir can be changed a little but it plays like a real piano. May be a bit rough if the Arthritis is really bad. I have Arthritis and I just manage to play thru the pain, which isn't that bad.
Thank you for your post. I only saw it today. Do you find that the P45 has a sensitive touch meaning that you don't have to press too hard on the keys?

Reaction score
I very much doubt you are going to find a digital piano with a lighter touch than your Roland Go.

As I said prior I had a Yamaha P series but this has a much heavier action than a Roland Go and hence I do not think anything in the Yamaha or Casio digital piano range will be lighter than the Go.

I now have a Numa Compact 2X (digital piano and drawbar organ) which has a semi weighted keybed, it is a bit lighter than Yamaha which is graded in its weighting. They also produce the Numa Compact which is just a digital piano that may work for you.

If it does not then I suggest that you forget a digital piano and go for an Arranger, such as a Yamaha PSR E463 or Korg EK50, yes they only have 61 keys but they have synth action keybeds which are very much lighter than a digital piano with hammer action.

Reaction score
Update! I am keeping my Roland! I actually like the feel of it and it has a nice organ sound, not too tinny, as some of them sound. I
think I needed to get used to playing again and I have a wrist brace which seems to help. So, thanks to all for your advice and recommendations. Glad I finally got there. :)

Ask a Question