New to Forum

Reaction score
My passion for keyboards is quite mysterious to me. I have never been able to figure out why they further to intrigue me each and every day. But they certainly do.

I started playing piano around the age of 8. My mom forced me into playing. I hated piano at that age so much due to the dynamics and concentration. I felt that playing music was the worst idea ever. But at the same time I dreamed of one day being able to play somewhere with a band when I was older. Those two feelings collided with each other over time. At the age of 13 I took up guitar, thinking it would be easier and more enjoyable. Of coarse I was wrong. It was harder, painful and took some serious concentration to overcome my wants of quitting. At the end of the 8th grade in middle school, my guitar teacher moved. I stopped getting lessons and music started to leave my life. About a week or so after that, I started to play around on my Yamaha keyboard. Not thinking much of it I started to gain a great appreciation for music like I never had. After 6 months I decided to get lessons again. I flew through the basics and got into the more intermediate material fairly quickly. Since I write most of my music from ear, I already could play many songs I’ve heard or written. With the combined force of those two factors I can now play the piano quite productively without many errors, unless of coarse its new material or just something I’m not putting time into. I’m far from an advanced musician but I do feel like I can play keyboard better than most, mainly because of my creative flair on all songs I write or play. This last Christmas I received a M-Audio ProKeys Sono 88 Dig Piano w/ USB Interface. I got a basic PC software called Acid for my laptop and began to record. I feel much more accomplished now. I’m saving for a Mac and Logic to further the composing. I’m also saving for Alesis Micron Analog Modeling Synth.

Well that’s my story of music thrown into a paragraph or two.

I anticipate great things from this forum.
-Keys4life :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Keys4Life! That's quite an interesting story you have there :)

Seems that you've come quite far with your playing, so I hope we could learn some stuff from you, as well as teach you some things too :)

Enjoy your stay!

Ask a Question