old guy looking for a keyboard

Reaction score
ok, I'm 75(as a kid played the accordion, went to keyboard with wedding band in 60s)and want an easy to understand board. Tried a Motif 7 years ago and couldn't understand the digital side. So this is what I want:
good B3 sound with Leslie(foot speed control for leslie)
pedal volume control
1 octave of pedals
I would prefer used to keep costs down but would buy new if it works for me
Is this available? Sure would like to play again/thanks

Reaction score
I agree. Hammonds are a bit pricey, but they meet the needs you describe. I've owned two and they were/are great.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
By the way, are you looking for a stationary setup for a home or studio, or a portable setup for playing gigs? For a stationary setup, you might consider using a computer running virtual instruments, as there are some very good virtual B3 programs out there for a fraction of what an actual Hammond would cost. But if you want something you can take on the road in your car for gigs, you probably wouldn't want a computer-based solution.

As far as an actual hardware instrument, I'm not familiar with how well companies like Casio, Korg, Nord, Roland, or Yamaha have done at recreating a satisfying B3-with-Leslie sound.

Ask a Question