PA/Live sound/studio setup

Reaction score
Great idea! I'm just getting started, and I know less about this part of keyboards than perhaps any other.

Mourndark, thanks for including the link to that thread!

Reaction score
Evergreen, I don't think you quite want a sound system. If I understand your setup, you just need an amp or relatively cheap studio monitors. There's not too much to worry about there, other than that it's best to turn the amp or monitors on after you turn the keyboard on. You don't want to go to the trouble of setting up your own full-blown system unless you're doing something like sending multiple keyboards through a personal mixer to your amp and a house sound system.

That said, the idea of a thread on setting up a sound system is a good idea.

Reaction score
Evergreen, I don't think you quite want a sound system. If I understand your setup, you just need an amp or relatively cheap studio monitors.
Yep! I guess I've been thinking of even a pair of low-end monitors as a sound system. Even the lowest of the low-end monitors will be the best speakers I'll have ever owned!

Ask a Question