Patch changes

Reaction score
I work in a few groups and would like to find an easier way to control all the patch changes. I currently have a Korg Triton Extreme and an 01/W plus an ipad2... any recommendations on a software program I can download to the ipad2 that would accommodate this? And how I would hook up the keyboards (I'm assuming via some sort of interface, I have a Tascam US-144mkII....would that work?) thx!

EdK

Reaction score
Hey Dshor722,

I know this is a pretty old thread but I thought I'd toss in some info what I do.

I have a Korg Triton Studio and a Korg M1. I use an app called Unrealbook. It's mainly designed for storing charts however you can also store SYSEX and MIDI commands to send to they keys automatically when selecting a chart. I have a Camera Connection kit for the iPad that converts the 30 pin port into a USB port and an M-Audio UNO USB to MIDI converter cable that goes to my MIDI in on the Triton and a MIDI patch cable from the Triton's MIDI THRU port to the M1 MIDI IN port.

I typically send patch changes in COMBI and PROG modes on each keyboard. It completes the process in less than 2 seconds. It took me a while to figure out the proper SYSEX and MIDI CC codes to issue but it works great.

Let me know if you need more info.

EdK.

Ask a Question