PC3K8 demo song

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a used PC3K8 and I have a question that may seem trivial to you. More than a question, a curiosity.

For each of the standard Programs available on the keyboard, it is possible to listen to a small demo using the Play button of the Sequencer.
What I noticed that the tone of the demo is much better than the program I am going to play.

Is it just a problem of editing the sound and effects or is there more?

Good Music at all

Luciano

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well when you play a keyboard like the PC3K one thing that never happens is you never achieve full velocity of 127 when you strike the notes.

Basically the problem is PEBCAK error. (Problem exists between chair and keyboard) :)

Those sequences were recorded by master players whom it is hard to equal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The keyboard has a velocity adjustment. Go into midi mode, and adjust the velocity map to make it easier to get to maximum velocity. You'll then begin to hear the dynamics come out.

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers.

Yes happyrat1 I'm not a great musician ;)

Dave, you say to adjust the velocities from the MIDI menu.

I thought I was acting on the MAPS page on velocity, and pressure parameters.
It' correct!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You select the MASTER Mode to set up the keyboard velocity curve across all settings.

Personally I find a setting of 2 most comfortable.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I set the speed to 2 and now the response is much better. The sound is more defined.

A last question. What is the difference between setting the speed from the MIDI mode or the MASTER mode?

Thank you

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Last question is a RTFM question, but Master sets up most of the Global Parameters, while MIDI is somewhat self explanatory.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I set the speed to 2 and now the response is much better. The sound is more defined.

A last question. What is the difference between setting the speed from the MIDI mode or the MASTER mode?

Thank you
I errored in my previous post. The velocity maps in Master Mode impact how the PC3 transmits velocity to its own programs/setups (i.e. internally). The velocity maps in MIDI Mode impacts how the PC3 transmits velocity to the USB and MIDI Out port. So to solve your particular problem which is making the PC3's internal programs sound like the demos you need to adjust from the Master Mode setting. What a cool board it is; allowing you to have different velocity adjustments for internal sounds separate from MIDI. Pressure maps (aftertouch) also work the same way.

Reaction score
Thank you very much to both of you for the help and the explanations.

Buona Musica

Luciano

Ask a Question