Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Rehearsal Video

Reaction score
Not exactly note for note but a really nice interpretation.
Thanks Gary. You're quite right, it's not an exact replica of any one version.

It's a bit of a hybrid of the "Pompeii" version, the "Meddle" version and the "Delicate Sound of Thunder" version.

Some examples:

- In the "Pompeii" version Richard Wright uses an organ to play the constant changing from Bm to A in the second half of the song. Has a really distinctive percussive sound. In the "Meddle" version, this is done on a piano - I chose to go the Meddle route for our version to counterpoint the other organ sound that swells in every 8 or 4 bars.

- The "Dr Who" quote does not exist in either of the first two versions mentioned, but it's very prominent and well known from the DSOT version, so if I don't play it, the audience thinks we can't/won't do it!

- In the "Meddle" version, there are actually two basses being played (one by Gilmour, one by Waters, panned extreme left and extreme right).

The challenges of being in a tribute band...a wonderful challenge though.

Reaction score
This link is not working for me. I would love to see it. Do you have another format? Youtube or soundcloud?
HI Ray,

That link should just send you to the other thread here. I didn't want to bump it as it's so old. However I do have this version on YouTube, it's only a small clip but gives you a feel for it. Starts at 2:05:

Otherwise the link the other guys are looking at is this one:

http://www.ralphmeznar.com/keyword/one/

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Cowboy,
I opened the link on another computer. Awesome sound! The intro with the bass was very effective as with the backing keyboard. The Drummer was spot on . . loved that bassy drumming! The slide thingy on the lead guitar was special! Just totally well done! Superb sound!
One criticism! Serious . . . Get rid of that Crows Guernsey!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Very cool. Congratulations Cowboy:), first class sound. I did not catch the meaning of Crows Guernsey mentioned by Ray.
Hi Oriane.,
That was a joke for Cowboy. I would have thought him to make a snipe back at me by now. :confused:
Anyway, all in fun.
So to explain: The Crows is a football team in South Australia. I noticed during the music clip that there was a Crows football Guernsey behind one of the players. (Yellow, black and red). Where I live about 500 miles away, we have a friendly hatred:eek: against the Crows. LOL ;). just vebal Rivalry all in fun. The Crows are playing finals this year so I'd best shut up now.

Reaction score
One criticism! Serious . . . Get rid of that Crows Guernsey!
Hi Ray, thanks for your kind words.

I know you meant the comment about the guernsey in fun, and I definitely took it as such.

Sadly there was a real and tragic reason for that jumper being on stage.

That gig was the awful weekend that we found out that Crows coach Phil Walsh had been murdered. Our lead guitarist, who is also a passionate Crows fan, hung the Guernsey up as a mark of respect and condolence. The show was in Ballarat and we knew the locals would understand the gesture.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
That gig was the awful weekend that we found out that Crows coach Phil Walsh had been murdered. Our lead guitarist, who is also a passionate Crows fan, hung the Guernsey up as a mark of respect and condolence.
Sorry mate. I knew about the murder but did not associate it with your concert at Ballarat or the video above.

Phil Walsh was a well respected person and the tragedy of his death and the circumstances was devastating. His own son (aledgedly on ICE) murdered him.

Your lead guitarist was truly respectful and compassionate in displaying the Guernsey.

Definitely a grand gesture by the band!

Ask a Question