Please help me in selecting a keyboard for live performances

Reaction score
Without breaking the bank either a Roland Juno DS or a Korg Kross 2 will do as you seek, both will do splits and the tones each side of the split can be different...Certainly with the Kross 2 that I had I could even have four different tones in four different areas of the keybed. Set the split, then in each side of the split limit where each of the assigned tones actually sound.
Kross and Juno DS should be able to split 16 sounds.

A Roland Juno DS should be your number one in the list simply because its piano tones are better than on the Korg which IMO were pretty mundane.

BTW
Ignore the Numa Compact 2X that Scott suggests, it is lightweight, flimsy construction, its operating system is a mess and the piano tones are mediocre, though the organ is good as is the keybed. Mine just broke, and all it has done is stay on my stand at home for the last three years
You can get a lemon with anything. It's not like there are reports online of the Numas dropping dead like flies.

Everything has trade-offs. Numa advantages at its price include 88 keys, aftertouch, 9 sliders for organ control, good support for external sounds from an iPad/iPhone. Not the best pianos, but I'm not sure they're worse than Juno DS/Kross. Piano-wise, if nothing else, I think its action is better for piano playing than the 61-key DS and Kross models. (Not because it's great, but because the others are particularly poor.) But yeah, always trade-offs.

Again my "number one" recommendation would be Yamaha CK61. I do like your number one Juno DS, but I think piano and organ are weak points for the board, and those are the two most important sounds for the OP. The Yamaha actions is better, too.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I picked up a Numa Compact 2x a year ago. I have to agree with Biggles that the build quality is not roadworthy.

In a studio on a stand it plays well enough.

If you start schlepping that thing from club to club it will probably die within a month.

Ask a Question