Portable Keyboard with Accompaniment

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The Kenton used to cost about $140 or more in the US, but Perfect Circuit Audio currently has it for $99. I think I'll be ordering one this week!

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I mentioned a problem with the external module earlier. With an arranger, when it's in arranger mode what you play with your left hand doesn't directly sound but controls the arranger features. Using an external module for the arranger features won't turn off the sound coming from your left hand on your keyboard. This may, or may not, be a problem for you.

The issue is that playing chords in the bass of a piano can get muddy. If you play a C major chord, then you'll hear the C major chord in the bass of the piano sound, while also getting the drums, bass guitar, brass stabs, etc., based on the C major chord. That might just get too muddy to listen to.

On the other hand, I don't know if you can turn off the bass part of your keyboard for local sound generation. If so, then it's not a problem. If not...

(One reason to use a MIDI controller or to route everything through a computer and not have any sounds created by your keyboard.)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's a good point, Fred! I don't know if you can turn the left-hand part "off" per se, but you might be able to turn the volume for the left-hand part all the way down so it can't be heard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually it boils down to turning MIDI Local OFF and assigning a couple of zones to the split if his Casio is capable of it.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question