Privia px-350 one key, note plays on both strike and release

Reaction score
Greetings. I have a Privia PX-350. One Bb key sounds the note when you strike it, and then it sounds again when you release the key, so you get a double-hit effect. If you strike it softly, it doesn't do it, have to hit it a little on the hard side. Also, I discovered that using an organ patch, normal function would be for the organ note to keep sounding as long as I hold it, but on this key, the organ sounds for a second and then stops. Then when I release the key, it makes another quick sounding of the note.

I have some technical ability, not afraid to open it up and poke around, but before doing that, thought I'd see if anyone knows if this might be a simple fix, or needs to be taken into to someone with more knowledge about it than I.

Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Probably a contact strip under the keybed needs to be replaced.

I'd rate it about a 7 or 8 out of 10 in difficulty for a DIY repair.

Not impossible but more difficult than just popping a few screws and putting it back together again.

The whole thing pretty much has to come apart to fix it.

Check out youtube for videos on how to repair a Casio Keyboard and other brands as well to get a feel for the complexity of the job. It's a fairly recent model so parts should be readily available.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually Fred, your question is not that ridiculous.

Casio had a policy the past few years that if you registered your unit online when you bought it they would extend the warranty to 3 years.

Sorry that little detail slipped my mind until you brought it up.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Greetings. I have a Privia PX-350. One Bb key sounds the note when you strike it, and then it sounds again when you release the key, so you get a double-hit effect. If you strike it softly, it doesn't do it, have to hit it a little on the hard side. Also, I discovered that using an organ patch, normal function would be for the organ note to keep sounding as long as I hold it, but on this key, the organ sounds for a second and then stops. Then when I release the key, it makes another quick sounding of the note.

I have some technical ability, not afraid to open it up and poke around, but before doing that, thought I'd see if anyone knows if this might be a simple fix, or needs to be taken into to someone with more knowledge about it than I.

Thanks!

Hi! I know it's an old post but I have exactly the same problem, also with a Bb.

What did you do to repair it? Was it a sensor? Faulty strip...?

I'd really appreciate any info about it!

Reaction score
Welcome James.

Sorry to read of your problem.

The person who posted the thread has not contributed to the forum for three years so I very much doubt that you will get a response from them.

Reaction score
Hi! I know it's an old post but I have exactly the same problem, also with a Bb.

What did you do to repair it? Was it a sensor? Faulty strip...?

I'd really appreciate any info about it!
Well, wish I had better news, but I never did get it fixed. None of the keyboard techs around here even wanted to look at it, so I made it a practice piano that I might try to fix someday when I have time on my hands, and bought another one.

Ask a Question