Problem with Yamaha PSR-220

Reaction score
I want to record some songs. So following the user manual can't be a bad idea. I tried both "Real-time Recording" and "Step Recording", but the only thing I got is the style, no chord.

Can somebody just come and tell me "PSR-220 doesn't support user song recording"? I'm going nuts.

Reaction score
Did you evtl. avtivate the Chord Cancel function?
The PortaTone also has a Chord Cancel function to stop the chord accompaniment but allow the rhythm pattern to continue playing. To use Chord Cancel, simultaneously press any three consecutive notes in the Auto Accompaniment section; for example, C, C# and D.

Did you press the EASY CHORD MEMORY (REC/END) button?

Did you select the right User Song Number (17, 18, 19 or 20)?

Reaction score
MakiseKurisu,

Have this issue ever been resolved? I am facing same problem.

Goldi,

Was that the resolution for the problem?
Is this model really records the songs played by user? if answer is "NO" I will not put my head to make it work !

Thanks in advance to you both!

Reaction score
MakiseKurisu,

Have this issue ever been resolved? I am facing same problem.

Goldi,

Was that the resolution for the problem?
Is this model really records the songs played by user? if answer is "NO" I will not put my head to make it work !

Thanks in advance to you both!

Nope. I just hook the keyboard to my laptop using a midi2usb cable and record using FL Studio.

Reaction score
Makise
Abhi

The "recorder" on the PSR-220/230 is termed by Yamaha as "Easy Chord Memory", also known as a "chord sequencer". It will allow you to pre-record chord progressions (only) for playback at a later time as accompaniment for right hand melodies, but it does not (and can not) record the melodies themselves. On the PSR-220/230, it is intended as a learning aid, whereby you can record just the left hand chord progression without worrying about playing the right hand melody, and then play that back as you play the right hand melody without worrying about playing the left hand chords. In other words, it allows you to learn songs "one hand at a time". How successful or advisable this is depends upon your point of view when it comes to teaching/learning music. Most music instructors I have known would disagree with this method.

Makise

You have already determined the method to use if you want to record your complete performances. Just connect the keyboard to your PC and record it with your PC based DAW software. Since the PSR-220/230 is equipped with MIDI IN/OUT connections, you have the option of making both audio and MIDI recordings with your PC based DAW.

Good luck !

Last edited:

Ask a Question