PSR 260

Reaction score
My keyboard has some dead keys and in the process of repairing it, the panel for the dead keys stopped working
Please what can I do about it to get it working?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Need more info.

What do you mean "the panel for the dead keys"?

Did you check that you reassembled it properly with all the connectors in the right places and oriented the correct way??

Need more info on exactly what you did..

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Need more info.

What do you mean "the panel for the dead keys"?

Did you check that you reassembled it properly with all the connectors in the right places and oriented the correct way??

Need more info on exactly what you did..

Gary ;)
All the connectors are rightly and firmly connected.
The keyboard has a panel which the rubber button that lies under the key rests to produce sound once it's been striked.
I cleaned the panel with a methylated spirit to remove dirts, fixing it back I noticed the dead keys and some other keys stopped working again after I first coupled it.
Then I decided to open it back and discovered the problem is neither from the rubber button not the key itself

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's not a panel. It's a circuit board with momentary contact silicone contact switches (ie. the rubber strip)

Are you certain you replaced the contact strip properly locking the little rubber fingers into the holes they were meant to lock into on the circuit board?

Are you certain you did not reapply the contact strip upside down?

Gary ;)

Ask a Question