PSR E363

Reaction score
Hi All I am new to this forum and to the keyboard and trying to get to grips with the size of a 63 key keyboard.

Ive been a bit confused because when I play some songs on youtube the finger position is the way it looks in the video but one in particular, Bohemian Rhapsody seems to be in different positions on the vid to where I am having to play it i have checked a few vids and they are the same.

Is there any reason for this?

From a confused newbie!!

Cheers

Davie

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Welcome Davie,
Are you playing ACCMP. with left hand or bass notes?
Queen's BR is a complex tune with many variations. You said you are new to keyboard. I would think you are very ambitious tackling this tune.
Besides you need to be more specific here with your request.
Happy to help but which part is bothering you?
Cheers ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Ive been a bit confused because when I play some songs on youtube the finger position is the way it looks in the video but one in particular, Bohemian Rhapsody seems to be in different positions on the vid to where I am having to play it i have checked a few vids and they are the same.
This could be because the dude playing on the vid could be playing in a different key!
That would confuse you because his/her fingers will certainly be on different keys.
Ray

Reaction score
Hi Ray, just a wee bit of background here.

I play the guitar and can roughly plat some stuff by ear I actually bought a midi keyboard recently for drum beats but quickly discovered how much I like the keyboard so I bought this. If you look at the below clip, where he is refering to the middle C mines is in a different position to where he is describing and if I were to play the......I will stop right here I just got completely confused to where I was playing sorry!!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't seen the Youtube videos, but as Ray suggested it could be because they're playing it in a different key. Sometimes music publishers will print "easier to play" sheet music where the song has been transposed to a key that doesn't require using as many black keys while playing. Alternatively, sometimes people will play in a different key for the same reason, but will use their keyboard's transpose feature to shift the sound to the key that the song was actually written in.

But if you're referring to something related to using the auto accompaniment feature, then it could be as Gary (happyrat1) suggested with regard to chord inversions. I don't think PSR-E models can play chord inversions the way that some other models can, because regardless of which inversion you play in the accompaniment zone the keyboard will still play the chord and bass line the same way-- as they're programmed in the style.

Ask a Question