Reco's for an upgrade from NS3

Reaction score
Ive tossed a version of this question out here before, but ill do it again: looking for an 88stage piano with superb action/expression /warmth/ quick nuanced responsiveness, for straight solo piano playing. not digging the piano on my ns3 (all/any).
My hunch is it's about the technicals of keybed.. # pickups, the sensitivity of a key to what i do physically to express a thought. Think the sample/patch is limited too -- narrow, thin, and misses on resonance and gravitas. Oh well.

I welcome any suggestions here (maybe from others that know what im talking about). my price is $3.5- 5k range. And Ill need to carry/roll it to gigs. (thinking <42lbs) . Thank u

* dont mean to go too-negative on the NS3. Its a beast, fun to work with, and uncommonly nice B3, and rhodes. But just trying to solve a problem.
Thank u

Reaction score
For best piano up to 42 lbs, of the ones I've played, I'd look at Yamaha CP88. Of the ones I haven't played, I'd look at Kawai ES920 (or maybe even ES520, which I know at least one person prefers over its heavier/pricier sibling).

Reaction score
For best piano up to 42 lbs, of the ones I've played, I'd look at Yamaha CP88. Of the ones I haven't played, I'd look at Kawai ES920 (or maybe even ES520, which I know at least one person prefers over its heavier/pricier sibling).
Very helpful pov -- thank u!

Ask a Question