Registrations on DGX 660

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been in contact with Yamaha as I have tried to load a saved registry from my USB stick as my memory bank is now full.
It says in the instruction booklet (page 86) I can load a saved registry from a USB stick to call up to play.
My keyboard is not doing that and so I thought the keyboard may have a fault.
Yamaha are telling me you can't load a registry direct from a USB which I think is incorrect.
If that is the case, then when you have filled your memory bank then there's no more you can do.
I thought the whole point of saving registry's on a USB stick was so they can be loaded to play when you like.
It does say that you can save up to 100 registries on s USB stick.
Is anyone else encountering this problem or am I correct in my thinking that even though my memory bank is full I should still be able to load up other saved registries from my USB stick?

Reaction score
As one who does not like Yamaha, it sounds to me like its the quirky nature of their system and very poor manuals coming to the fore again.

It looks to me like the USB is just for storage and not for acting as an extension to the keyboard’s memory.

If your onboard memory is full there is zilch you can do about it other than to free up memory so you can then load the Registrations that you want.

Does this seem likely?

Save keyboard Registration selection to USB
Delete onboard Registrations that you do not specifically want
Load required Registrations from USB to keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe Biggles is correct that you can't access a saved Registration directly from the USB flash drive, the way you can on the PSR-S models.

However, I thought you were trying to load the Registrations into memory, not access them directly from the USB flash drive. As far as I know, when you load the Registrations that you've saved it should replace all of the Registrations that were currently in the keyboard's memory with all of the Registrations in the file that you've loaded. At least, that is how it works on the PSR-E models that I have.

Ask a Question