Rock organ sound for Nord Electro 5D

Reaction score
We have a Nord Electro 5D that we plan to use in a couple of gigs we have scheduled. Since this is the first time we are going to use the Nord 5D live, Any one with experience in using the Electro live as an organ in a rock context ? Do the included patches are sufficient?, For solos any preferred patch that will cut trough Drums/Percussion/Guitar/Bass... ? We are going to send the Nord outputs via a stereo DI to the board.

Thank you

Reaction score
We have a Nord Electro 5D that we plan to use in a couple of gigs we have scheduled. Since this is the first time we are going to use the Nord 5D live, Any one with experience in using the Electro live as an organ in a rock context ? Do the included patches are sufficient?, For solos any preferred patch that will cut trough Drums/Percussion/Guitar/Bass... ? We are going to send the Nord outputs via a stereo DI to the board.

Thank you
I have an electro 3 so I'm not sure what's loaded on the 5D. But I thought the factory B3 patches on the 3 were great. I used them in a live context a number of times with good results. As far as solos go, are there drawbars (or the equivalent) on the 5D? For solos I would just do what a B3 player would do and pull down the higher drawbars a bit to add some high end to cut through the mix. One reason B3s were great in the first place is that they had a rich and powerful sound that could go head to head with guitars. The Nord samples are very good at replicating this.

Reaction score
Very useful response.
I think the 5D is very comparable on the sounds. And yes the 5D have drawbars, Thank you for the tips.

Ask a Question