Fantom X for prof rock/metal?

Reaction score
So I've been looking into the Roland fantom x but I've never used one. I am very Interetested in one but need some guidance. Is it possible to make Jordan's Rudess snarling pig sound on it? Is the keyboard good for making music like Dream Theater, Haken kind of stuff? How are the orchestra, pads, leads, organs, pianos on it? Combined with the expansion cards can I achieve what I want with this keyboard? Or is there something better in the same price range for this kind of music? Thank you

Reaction score
Hi Alexa,

There may be someone here who uses one and will respond. In the interim I'd start by reading some on line reviews. Here's one.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/roland-fantom-x

Is it possible to make Jordan's Rudess snarling pig sound on it?
I've never used one, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say "yes". It's a fully-functioned synth/workstation so I can't see why not.

If you watch the YouTube video I posted in your other thread on YouTube itself, you'll see in the description there are links to other videos which show you exactly how to create the Snarling Pig sound. Now, these tutorials are designed for Korg keyboards, so you'd need to translate them into Rolandese. But when you strip back the unique terminology and differing UI, essentially the functions should be the same.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Hi Alexa,

There may be someone here who uses one and will respond. In the interim I'd start by reading some on line reviews. Here's one.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/roland-fantom-x

I've never used one, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say "yes". It's a fully-functioned synth/workstation so I can't see why not.

If you watch the YouTube video I posted in your other thread on YouTube itself, you'll see in the description there are links to other videos which show you exactly how to create the Snarling Pig sound. Now, these tutorials are designed for Korg keyboards, so you'd need to translate them into Rolandese. But when you strip back the unique terminology and differing UI, essentially the functions should be the same.

Good luck!
Thank you so much man this was a kind of answer I needed!

Ask a Question