Roland AX-7

Reaction score
Hi All

I've recently accidentally bought myself a Roland AX-7, mistakenly believing I was bidding for an AX-Synth. Not to be deterred I've gotten myself a few programs on my iPad (Garage Band, Music, Studio, Sample Tank) and the relevant midi connectors, but I just wondered what the general concensus on the AX-7 was - quality, durability, ease of use, etc.
I've had a play with it and I'm getting on ok with it at the moment, which I suppose is the main thing, but I just wondered is all!

Cheers

Reaction score
I have the Ax-7 as well, (see my picture left haha). I love the freedom it provides, but the construction has been a bit flimsy for touring. With plastic screw-threads, taking it apart weakens the structural durability of it (granted most people probably don't take theirs apart..). The only difference I'm aware of between the Ax-7 and the Ax-1 is the D-beam feature, which I haven't ever used anyway.

Do you mean the new Ax-9 (or the one with built-in sounds?). Personally, I think that keyboard is ridiculous.. the onboard sounds that come with it are really cheap sounding, and it just seems like they took a casio piano and put straps on it. The AX series were always meant to be MIDI controllers IMO.

If you're happy with it so far, look into getting this wireless midi system. It's rather pricey, but is completely worth it, and gives you the unlimited freedom on stage. http://www.midijet.com/

Ask a Question